Chapter 9: Remembering

Draco woke up on Sunday morning thinking today was any other day. The sun was streaming through the windows, his hair was ruffled lightly, and there was a girl in bed next to him. He must have had a good night, but he didn't really remember, he was still half asleep.

But looking down at the girl whose face was pressed against his stomach, he saw a fan of brown hair spreading across the red comforter. Red comforter? Brown bushy hair? Hermione stirred as he looked down at her, bewildered. She turned over to look up at him, her eyes still glazed.

"Morning Draco," she whispered softly, her voice slightly gravely from sleep.

"What the hell am I doing in here, Granger?" he hissed, his eyes narrowed. She raised her eyebrows.

"Excuse me?"

"How'd you trick me in here?" He shook his head back and forth, "You know what? It doesn't matter. I'll just go back to my room and we'll pretend nothing ever happened." Draco shoved the covers off them and nudged her head off his chest, before sliding out of the bed. He barely made it to the door before the attraction made it self known and they both were dragged back toward each other. She landed on her back on the carpet while he stumbled backwards before doing the same. They landed side by side as she grabbed his elbow. She sat up and glared at him.

"What are you, stupid? Did you just magically forget about the past three days?" With a groan he remembered, his cheeks turning pink.

"Sorry." Hermione rolled her eyes and leant her back against the side of the bed. He slid his hand down to hers and sat up, crossing his legs. "I guess it just, you know, slipped my mind."

"Do you just assume that ever girl wants to have sex with you, Draco? You open your eyes and see you're not alone and you just assume something happened?" she spat, causing him to cringe.

"No! I just want this to be over so much that I just wrote up in denial!" he fired back. A hurt expression marred her face. That wasn't what he'd meant to say. "Wait, that came out wrong!"

"No, that's just fine Malfoy. I understand," she answered curtly, averting her eyes. Hermione stood up, still holding his hand.

"No you don't understand Mya!" he yelled, pulling her back to him as she attempted to walk away. He got to his feet and looked down at her pleadingly as she glared defiantly up at him.

"What don't I understand Malfoy?" He faltered slightly, getting lost in her frustrated eyes. "Explain it to me!"

"You don't understand that I want the attraction to be over, not you. I don't want to lose you." He raised his hand to touch her cheek and let it slide down to her neck. "You shouldn't accuse me of jumping to conclusions." Hermione's face softened noticeably. A small smile crept across her face and she suddenly pulled him into a tight hug, resting her head on his shoulder. He didn't resist and slid his arms around her waist, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, I'm sorry Draco. This is just really stressful and I panicked," she told him, thankfully not crying. He smelled the top of her head automatically. Apparently she had found a way to alter the scorgify charm to make it perfumed. She smelled like summer.

Ha ha, you've got it bad, his conscience observed as he protectively pulled her closer, aided by the attraction which wanted as little space between them as possible. You're turning into a lovesick Hufflepuff! 'I don't want to lose you!' That's kind of an understatement, don't you think? He ignored he little voice to the best of his ability.

"Don't worry about it, Mya. What would you like to do on the last day of the weekend, hm? Anything you want." He relinquished his grip on her and she stepped back, holding his hand. With a nervous glance at the floor, she asked,