Chapter Twenty Eight

Days later was the O.W.L.S. exams. All of the fifth year students were seated in the Great Hall, Umbridge standing at the alter, a huge timer swinging side by side right behind her. You felt like pushing her in front of it so it can hit her and possibly throw her out the window.

It was dead silent. Next to you was Hermione. She was the only one who knew about what Draco said to you. She looked over to you and gave you a small smile. You gave one back before glancing over at Draco. All you were able to see was his back.

He was very much concentrated on the work. Then there was a loud boom.

You all looked towards the doors of the Great Hall.

There it was again.

Umbridge walked over to the doors. When she opened them, there was no one out there. Then a small firework flew right in front of her face, making her stumble back. It then made its way into the Great Hall and exploded. The students looked up in awe and confusion at the firwork.

You smiled. You knew exactly whose handy work this was.

Then Fred and George flew in on their broomsticks, throwing fireworks everywhere and destroyed all of the exams. Everyone got up and cheered. You laughed with Hermione by your side. Draco was smiling too... until a firwork came right at him. The firworks were also attacking the Inquisitorial Squad.

Umbridge ran into the room, looking at all the chaos. Then Fred and George produced a firwork that shaped into a dragon and went after Umbridge. She ran and ran to get away but the dragon got to her right at the entrance of the Great Hall. When it 'ate' her, all of her rules fell off the wall and shattered. The dragon disappeared, leaving Umbridge trembling. Then everyone ran out to follow Fred and George outside, bumping Umbridge purposely.

You lost Hermione but that was ok. You cheered and cheered as Fred and George concluded their firework show.

And in that moment, you forgot all of your worries.

~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, Hermione sent an owl to your dorm. She asked to meet her in front of the Great Hall. Immediately.

You went and found her, along with Neville, Ron, Harry, Luna, and Ginny.

"Umbridge is gone. The centaurs took her." Harry told you.

You looked at each of them. They looked prepared for something.

"Are you all going somewhere?"

"To the Ministry." Ron said.

Your eyes held question.

"I believe Sirius is in trouble. We are going to go save him." Harry said.

You nodded. "Okay, I have my wand so I'm ready."

Harry shook his head. "No. You need to stay here. With Dumbledore gone, the school is unprotected. You, Fred, George, and the rest of my students are going to protect the place while were gone. You can all go about what you normally do, but at any sign of trouble you must all stick together and fight. Do you understand me?"

You nodded. Hermione hugged you and Ron hugged you too. Next was Luna, then Neville. Ginny just gave you a nod.

Harry hugged you last.

"Be careful, okay?" You told him.

Harry smiled. "Always am."

Then they left. You watched then go until they were no longer in your sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was well. There was no trouble. That was what you reported to Dumbledore when he came back with Harry and the others. Harry looked like he was in shock. Everyone looked sad. You dared not ask what happened. You found out soon enough the next day in the Daily Prophet.

It was morning and you sat alone at breakfast. You ate scrambled eggs and toast, with some orange juice.

It wa going peaceful for you until someone came behind you and placed the daily prophet beside you on the table.

And it clearly stated that The Dark Lord was back.

You looked behind you to see who presented the article to you.

Draco stood behind you, his eyes held fear and apology.

You motioned for him to sit and he did.

"I told you so." You said.

"Yes, I know. I'm a fool. I'm such a fool. Can you forgive me for being so stupid and cruel?" He asked.

You shrugged.

"Please, I'll do anything." He said.

You looked him over and gave a small smile. "Yes, I can forgive you."

Draco hugged you tightly.

"Next time I do or say something, though,..don't judge me." You said.

Draco nodded. "I promise. I'm sorry."

~~~~~~~~

The paintings were put back in their rightful places. Hogwarts was home again.

With Dumbledore back, it felt secure. With Umbridge gone, it was Heaven.

You didn't see Harry, Hermione, or Ron while boarding the train home.

Draco knew you were searching and when you failed to find them, he ecorted you inside the train.

When you sat down, you looked at his black suit.

"You're wearing the pin." You said.

Draco smiled. "Yeah, I am. And you're wearing the earrings."

You blushed. "You finally noticed."

"I noticed it earlier. I was just waiting for you to notice the pin."

You laughed. "Well, mission accomplished, Mr. Malfoy."

"Oh please, Mr. Malfoy is my father. Call me Draco." He joked.

You laughed.

You couldn't wait to come back to school. You had a feeling that your sixth year was going to be an adventure. So much was going to change! But the thing is...the adventure was not going to be great. And the changes were going to be bad.

Little did you know that it was going to affect you for the rest of your Hogwarts life. And it was going to affect your love life with Draco.