𝐢𝐢. the dark mark

✩✩★ | 𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗟 • 02

━━━ the dark mark ⍟

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐎𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓. Their parents having to do some business.

Estella, who had not a clue on what was going to happen went to bed.

"Estella! Estella! Wake up!!!" Draco screamed, shaking his sister.

She woke up with a groan, slapping her brother's hand. "What the fu-"

"Hurry up, we don't have much time. We have to go to portkey," he said hurriedly, tapping his foot.

Estella starting to get worried, asked with furrowed brows, "Why? What's going on?"

He hesitated for a moment, "I heard father talking about something. Something about... the dark mark. Mother just came and told me to wake you up and that we should go to the portkey while she does something."

Her eyes widened. That must be what she heard earlier. "Alright-" her sentence was interrupted by screaming. She looked outside, seeing the Dark Mark and fire. Loads of fire. "Draco, c'mon!"

They ran and ran. They eventually got separated and Draco ended up in the forests.

"Tripped over a tree root,"

"Well, with feet that size, hard not to," said Draco.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione turned sharply. Draco Malfoy was standing alone nearby, leaning against a tree, looking relaxed yet uneasiness was in hidden in his eyes. His arms folded. It was rare seeing him without the other Malfoy sibling.

Ron told Malfoy to do something that Harry knew he would never have dared say in front of Mrs. Weasley.

"Language, Weasley," said Malfoy, his pale eyes glittering. "I just came to ask if you've seen my sister. You see, we got separated and-"

"Why would we know?" asked Harry, with a sneer.

Draco rolled his eyes but before he could answer, "Draco!"

All heads turn to the figure running towards them. "Stel!" he exclaimed and hugged her, feeling much better than before.

The two other boys looked uncomfortable, the first time seeing any Malfoy be so... Sweet. But Hermione was trying to hide the smile she had when she saw the siblings reunite. She was never on terrible terms with Estella, they aren't friends, more like acquaintances. But she hated the bleach blonde boy.

The two broke apart, "Hadn't you better be hurrying along, now? You wouldn't like her spotted, would you?" nodding at Hermione, his arm still wrapped around Estella.

At the same moment, a blast like bomb sounded from the campsite and a flash of green light momentarily lit the trees around them.

"What's that supposed to mean?" said Hermione defiantly.

"Granger, they're after Muggles, "said Malfoy. "D'you want to be showing off your knickers in midair? Because if you do, hang around....they're moving this way, and it would give us all a laugh."

"Hermione's a witch," Harry snarled.

"Have it your own way, Potter," said Malfoy, grinning maliciously. "If you think they can't spot a Mudblood, stay where you are." ignoring the pinch that came from Estella.

"You watch your mouth!" shouted Ron.

"Never mind, Ron," said Hermione quickly, seizing Ron's arm to restrain him as he took a step toward Malfoy.

There came a bang from the other side of the trees that was louder than anything they had heard. Several people nearby screamed. Malfoy chuckled softly.

"Scare easily, don't they?" he said lazily. "I suppose your daddy told you all to hide? What's he up to - trying to rescue the Muggles?"

"Where're your parents?" said Harry, his temper rising. "Out there wearing masks, are they?"

Estella glared at his way, "Don't talk about my mother like that."

The other Malfoy turned his face to Harry, still smiling. Estella thought it was creepy.

"Well...if they were, I wouldn't be likely to tell you, would I, Potter?"

"Oh come on," said Hermione, with a disgusted look at Malfoy, "let's go and find the others."

"Keep that big bushy head down, Granger," sneered Malfoy.

"Come on," Hermione repeated, and she pulled Harry and Ron up the path again.

As the others left, the Malfoy siblings embraced again. "I thought I lost you," he whispered in her hair. "You can't lose me that fast, brother," she smiled.

And with that, the two walked hand in hand back to their parents.

an:  woo double updatss

i honestly love writing draco and estella scenes <33

xx mae