Chapter four: Smile

Thealyn

I don't know what to say, no one has ever cared about me past how I looked. What is this? There's a deep feeling like a pit at the bottom of my chest, it's probably just because I'm not feeling well, right?

Quenton must walk really fast because he's already back, it was hardly two minutes. His stern face is looking towards me as he enters through the doorway holding a plate and cup, a maid following behind him with a tea set. This is my first time really looking him up and down, he has curly brown hair, deep chocolate eyes, and his skin is a warm mid-tone of brown. If I remember correctly his mother is from Nigeria and very dark while his father is white American; it explains a lot of his features, that's for sure. He's really tall, probably around six foot three, and to say he's ripped might still be an understatement. Despite how intimidating he should be, he isn't. His face is pretty much expressionless, but there's a warmth to it, almost like he just isn't used to showing his emotions to anyone; almost like me. He's like a puppy, a really really gorgeous puppy.

He sets everything down on the bedside table and pulls up a chair. He's so close, and he smells so nice. He glances at me before helping me to adjust how I'm sitting to be more comfortable while eating. I'm still not so sure about this, everyone I had ever known told me that mafia men like small, fragile, protectable women, why is he any different?

"Are you sure you won't mind?" I ask, I really want to be sure.

"Mind what?' he says calmly.

"If I gain weight, I'll be uglier then so are you sure you won't want someone else when that happens?"

"I won't mind. I hope you know that I want you to be able to stand strong at my side as you deserve to. I also want you to know that I will protect you because I want to, not just because you physically can't protect yourself. Now eat and in an hour or two we can head over to the gym, alright?" All I can do in response is nod. What is this? I've never been told what to do by someone and not been angry about it, it's somehow really comforting.

I eat slowly, and I can't eat very much before my stomach starts to hurt, I've never eaten this much before. "I'm really full," I mutter, almost a whisper.

"That's okay," he says, "let's have some tea." And with that, he gently lifts me from the bed and brings me over to the coffee table. Once we get there I stand and sit down a couple of times while smirking, just to prove my own strength. He lets out a deep chuckle and looks at me with a slight smile. His laugh is so soothing, and his smile is so handsome.

I sip on my tea lightly as it's still pretty hot, I don't like drinking hot stuff much, I prefer to have my drinks warm, but it's alright. He seems to notice and asks "Is there something wrong with it?"

"It's just a bit hot is all."

"Alright then."

He never seemed to ask too many questions, just took in what you told him and stored it for later, interesting. I notice how goofy he looks holding a small teacup as such a giant of a man, and I let out a small giggle unknowingly. He looks over at me with his sharp eyes, oops, he lets out a low sound, "Hm?'

"You-you just look so big compared to the teacup," I laugh out. He raises an eyebrow and suddenly stands up making it over to where I am in what seems like just a stride or two. Suddenly I'm wrapped in an intense warmth as he picks me up and I naturally curl up into him. It feels really nice and really safe. Then I hear his deep, slightly gruff voice, "And look how tiny you look compared to me, it's not my fault things in this world are so small." All I can do in response is laugh, he has a good point, doesn't he?

We laugh together for a bit longer before finally calming down. I've never laughed or smiled this much in a single day before, ever. This guy has some magic around him or something because I'm almost a whole new person with him.

Before long he asks, "Wanna go down to the gym now?" I nod gently, we have no business to handle anyway, he's technically on vacation for the next three months for our honeymoon, and my job is really just to assist in his job. Don't ask me why it's so long, I'm not sure but it probably has something to do with the pressing issue of having another heir as soon as possible.

We made it down to the gym in just a couple of moments, I had come to learn that Quenton has his own set of living facilities all in one area which means his gym. Well I suppose it's ours now, isn't it, I like that. He really doesn't let me do much, which I understand because I'm so weak. I'm totally worn out after about fifteen minutes, pathetic. "I'll look into some exercises more suited to women, I've only ever trained men before." He admits, "I know that there are some specifically meant for helping women maintain feminine features, which is what you would like, correct?".

"Yeah... that's about right. If I'm being honest I'd just like to be healthier and stronger, I don't want to look so mismatched next to you. I want to be strong and lean and... And I want to be sexy, alright.." Well, there goes any and all dignity. Why in the world did I blurt out that last part? He really didn't need to know that. Just as I'm getting flustered and blushing like mad, I hear a low chuckle and his voice in my ear.

"Yeah? I think we can manage that, don't you? I have to say we have a pretty damn sexy starting off point." I can feel his smile on my now burning hot ear, and suddenly notice his hands on my hips comfortably; this is so nice.

"Oh hush," I say as I push him off of me quickly and make a futile attempt to run away. I don't know why but at this moment every defense I've ever had is gone, emotionally and physically; I trust him with literally everything. Normally I would say it's way too soon but we're already legally married, so if he really wanted to do anything, no one would stop him.

I really was crazy to think I could outrun him, I barely make it three steps before I'm wrapped up in his warmth again; I can't say I'd rather run than be right here. He carries me to the living room and sets me down on the couch before grabbing a plate of dried fruits and two glasses of water. He sits down next to me and there's a little bit of tension, weirdly enough, it's hard to know what to do the first time you're on the couch with someone. Before the awkwardness lasts for too long, he speaks.

"I need you to let me know if anything I do makes you uncomfortable, I don't want to just take advantage of the fact that we're married to do whatever I want. The fact that we're legally married doesn't mean you have to let me do everything, even though I really want to, and I want to make sure you know that you can tell me at any time and I'll stop." All I can manage is a smile, I don't even know how to show him how happy I am, cause I've never actually felt happy before.