letter nine

if you're reading this please vote & comment! it really helps, enjoy!

To my one and only Draco,

You came over to me today and apologized. I didn't know what to say, but soon enough my arms wrapped around your shoulders, you tried choking words out but I caressed your back, telling you it was okay to cry when you're sad. You didn't have to speak, you just needed to cry.

And that was okay.

So whimpers and sobs escaped out of your mouth as I cradled you in my lap. My chin touched your head as I closed my eyes and whispered to you how much you mean to me. You kept on apologizing and you told me everything you said yesterday wasn't true. I could feel your tears touch my skin but I didn't mind, I was with you, I wanted to be with you like this forever. I felt so protected by you, you were my savior.

You pulled open your sleeve suddenly, and there I saw it.

The mark.

On your arm, painted in dark ink was the dark mark.

I sat there in shock, you shifted closer to me and looked into my eyes, hoping I would say something. But I was quiet, I didn't know what to say.

I wanted to hate you. You worked for people who hated me. But the way you rested your head against my shoulder made me love you more. I ran my fingers over your arm, it was real, it was there, you were a death eater.

But your eyes and emotions told a different story.

So I whispered that it didn't matter, you were still human, you were still a person with emotions. You begged for forgiveness but I told you there was nothing to be sorry about. That mark doesn't define you Malfoy. Your actions and emotions do. And to me, that's enough to prove how much I love you.

Apparently, tomorrow was the Battle of Hogwarts, you told me that you would help me escape out of there no matter what, you didn't tell me what would happen to you but it was self explanatory you had to fight.

I wondered if today would be the last day I held you. I didn't want to leave your side.

Hopefully, I'll be able to write about you tomorrow.

I love you.

Love, Victoria Eden Rings