Check Your Shoes

Hello, you've reached the Kanker residence. We're not home today, so smooching will have to wait. We're on our way to Coronation to check out this estate we inherited from one of our relatives, which side, we don't know. 

Tell big Ed I said hi!

Shut up May!

Along a long wooded road, the Kankers are riding by wagon, hauled by a junkyard dog who's following a skewer of meat held by Lee. Hate for it to be like this, but-

"I'm telling you, we're not lost!" May says, at the wheel.

"Okay then why didn't we make it yet?" Marie says, lounging at the back.

"Do you know where we are?"

"Yeah, we just passed Calgary a few miles back."

"If you know where we are then we're not lost."

Marie throws a shoe at May.

"We're not lost, but not all of us are conscious." Marie says, giggling.

"Marie, you're on map duty!"

"Oh shut-it you harpee!" Marie says, looking at the map.

"Heh, you know, British Columbia and Alberta look like the ugly twins of California and Nevada."

"Hand it over." Lee says, snatching the map anyways. "Huh, you're right."

Lee's attention is drawn exclusively to the map, and away from one small furry-

"DOG!" May says, turning the wagon off the road. 

"That dog was our engine May!" Lee says, giving her an uppercut.

"I know that, I was talking about-"

"HOI! I'm Crappy Poo!" from a voice none have ever heard before, and right from another, smaller dog.

"Did that dog just talk?" Marie says, surprised but not particularly caring.

"Whatever it can do it drove us off the road, you're just lucky you're not a cute boy." Lee says.

"Come on gang, is that any way to treat your friend?" Crappy says.

"Is this guy for real?" Marie says.

"Let's hope he's good at running. May, let's get some double dog power on that wagon!"

"I think you mean, let's get some PUPPY POWER!" Crappy says, somehow reassembling the entire wagon and getting it road-worthy again.

"Did that just happen?" Marie asks.

"All I know is that it's a bit too late for a ratings fix." Lee says.

"Good thing I'm not sharp if that's the case." May says.

"You got that right, bucky!" Marie says, laughing as the three re-board the wagon.

They continue for what seems like an endless stretch of road.

"Say Crappy, you wouldn't happen to have route guidance as one of your kicks now would ya?"

"Why ask him? I got the map!" May says

"You got a clue to go with it?" Marie says.

"Yes, it says we gotta make a turn on old spooky road."

"I'm not in the mood for cliches."

"But that's what it says, the road is called old spooky."

The three look and find a road sign that says... Old Spooky Rd.

"Albertans are weird. Let's go girls."

They turn on the road, and so ends the prologue.