Busby the Fat Cat

The Kankers have travelled down the long, gritty, essentially creepy forrest path to find their estate.

"Where's this supposed to be?" May asks.

"I figured upper Alberta would be more like trees, mountains and conservatives than something from Alabama, or Mississippi, or-"

Lee slaps Marie in the face.

"Call it Louisiana, swamps are better known there, this place feels just as muggy, dark, swampy, humid- AGH!"

The wagon makes a sudden halt and Lee is thrown into a mud puddle.

"and muddy." Marie says.

"What's the big idea!?"

"It's this mangy dog, trying to lead us the wrong way is the big idea here. Let me at 'em, let me at 'em!"

"Okay, let him off." Lee says, wiping the mud off of her as she gets up. May handles it.

"I won't let them know it, but I trust you more than that little dookie doo, you know where the trailer park is-" May is unable to finish as the dog high tails it out of there. "Runs just like my boyfriend."

"Come on gang, let's get to that estate, no telling what we'd face out here." Crappy Poo says, once more getting everything back on track, and everyone back down the road.

"This stinks, we're gonna have to share our company with some stupid dog, and I doubt we'd be any closer to getting to the estate." Marie says.

"Well at least it's not sunny," May says.

"How's that any good?" Lee says.

"Well it always rains when someone says at least it's not raining."

And soon enough, it does.

"You know, I'm getting pretty sick of cliches." Marie says.

"You gotta be positive, get at 'em all, just stick by me, all friends need to stick together!" Crappy Poo says.

"We just met you today, and we a'int friends!" Lee says, as a siren blares.

"Must be a local law against yelling at talking dogs." May says.

"Aw zip it." Marie says.

A cop car pulls up, and out comes a fat, balding man with glasses.

"Oh great, he's not cute enough to flirt with."

"Well now it seems we've got us a couple of dames."

"I believe the proper term is license and registration please, and what did we do?" Marie says.

"Well where ya headin' outta state are ya? Don't bring up the technicality."

"We're from Peach Creek, and we're on our way to an estate we inherited. Then it's back home for a romantic reunion." Lee says.

"Ye mean that abandoned estate of last name withheld? I say you three should head back, the place is haunted."

"But officer-"

"Busby"

"Officer Busby, we're not afraid of any ghosts, let me at 'em, but they need to get to the estate and claim what is rightfully there's."

"That mutt a friend of yours?"

"No, I'm pretty sure he robbed a connivence store." Marie says.

"Well that mutt has just earned himself a hefty ticket!"

"A ticket?"

"If only he were African American." May says.

"Please excuse her, she's slow." Marie says.

Busby leaves without a word.

"I'm betting five helpings of ketchup he's gonna be a culprit in some way." Lee says.