⠀⠀⠀ XV. THE UPRISING

— DEEP CORE

— DEEP CORE

⠀⠀⠀ CORUSCANT WAS NOT AS PEACEFUL AS EVERYONE THOUGHT IT WAS. A sudden rise in crime and unhappy citizens made it hard for the Senate and the Jedi Order to keep it under control. Everyone expected help and no one was able to receive any.

"Master Yoda, we cannot stay on the side for longer," Mace Windu walked behind the older Jedi Master, "we need to take action before we fall,"

"Fall, we will not," Master Yoda replied, not looking back at the younger Jedi, "help there will be,"

"And for how long should we wait?" Mace Windu pressed as the ground shook, meaning that another blaster had hit the surface of the building.

Yoda was silent and did not answer the question asked, walking over to the windows where he studied the sight before his eyes. A sudden uprising took place on the planet of Coruscant and almost everything is being destroyed, including the Jedi Temple where the two Jedi were.

It all started unexpectedly for everyone, no one knew the catalyst either but they knew that once it grows bigger, it will not stop. Despite that, the Jedi Order made no efforts to stop the political revolution and put it on the Senate who had failed and now the Jedi were forced to flee to stay alive.

Political problems were not for the Jedi to solve and the Senate knew so, but Chancellor Palpatine felt that if they do not take much action, the Jedi themselves would be forced to help and help with an issue but he was wrong. Despite massive attacks, the Jedi stayed away and allowed the revolutionaries to destroy the temple, aiming for them to give up themselves after no reaction, thus evacuating students and sacred texts to another planet of unknown world.

"I need to contact Master Kenobi and Padawan Skywalker," Mace Windu declared, eyes not leaving the image before his eyes and Yoda only nodded as Mace Windu left the Jedi Master alone.

Walking through the almost destroyed halls of the temple, Master Windu found himself worrying too much for the evacuated members of the council and the students they hosted here. Even if there were no attachments allowed, the ones who stayed at the temple were almost like a family and cared for each other — willing to sacrifice their lives for the good and their comrades.

Entering a room which was less destroyed, Mace Windu turned on the hologram and waited patiently for Obi Wan Kenobi to answer his call. His hands folded on his chest and his gaze intense as the Jedi Master finally appeared, bowing and looking at the Master with worry.

"What had happened?" Obi Wan asked immediately.

"We are experiencing a political uprising which had led them to our temple but we managed to evacuate everyone with only me and Master Yoda remaining," he explained calmly despite the tense atmosphere and situation.

Obi Wan's hand pulled at his moustache as he thought, fret over his features as well, "I will return as soon as I can,"

"Do not rush, Kenobi" he assured the younger Jedi, "it is too dangerous to return to Coruscant now, inform Skywalker on my behalf if I fail to contact him,"

And with that he ended the call, not allowing Obi Wan to reply or even nod. Storming out of the room he ran to Master Yoda — having made up his mind of what to do now. He did not care anymore about the temple, his main concern now was Master Yoda's life. Rushing over to the older Jedi, he saw him still on the same spot, examining the battles which were taking place.

"Master Yoda, we should leave," Mace Windu stated.

"Leave now?" Yoda turned and looked up at the Jedi, "where to?"

"To somewhere away from the Core Worlds and the Outer Rim Territories," he did not think of a planet to where they would escape as going to the same one as the rest would catch the attention of the revolutionaries and no one of the Jedi would survive this uprising. Yoda hummed and walked over to the exit, using the small wooden stick as a help.

"Leave to Unknown Regions we should, yes," Yoda offered and Mace followed the Jedi Master over to the left ship which would fit the two for the journey.

"We will not be welcome on Csilla," Mace Windu pointed out and Yoda only chuckled, climbing into a starship, Mace followed.

Yoda found a comfortable pose and relaxed a bit, allowing Mace to fly the ship of theirs, "other planets there are, Csilla last option is,"

Mace only nodded and began the engines, closing the hatch as the ship floated off the ground, ready to depart from the hidden passage which was surely not blocked by the ones contributing to the uprising. Leaving the temple, they managed to not encounter any ships, smoothly and swiftly left the atmosphere as Mace Windu put in the coordinates for the hyperjump — escaping the planet of Coruscant which will soon be engulfed into a new war.