Out In The Wind - The Interview

Hi there everyone,

So... The good news is, (and I have quite a bit of good news) that soon one of my books will be available in print. As I have said before, I will under no circumstances take my books off Wattpad, leaving these original first drafts to be enjoyed on here for free. I have however been doing an interview or two about a few of my books that will be published in the following years. Currently I do not know whether "Listen Before You Speak" or "Out In the Wind" will be published first, but we know it will be around September/October 2022 or March/April 2023 with the second one following soon after. The published versions are fully edited and will read quite differently than the ones here on Wattpad. Some characters have been cut, some have been realized a little bit more, and it has become quite a bit more visual. I have seen some of the artwork for both the book covers and I look forward to sharing it as soon as it is ready and I have been given the go-ahead. 

So, at this point I am not allowed to say too much, but I am allowed to share the full version of the interview pertaining specifically "Out in the Wind". They will obviously only use a few questions and answers from below, but I liked answering it so much that I would love to share it with all of you. They will be using enough to do a 4 page article.

Fasten your seatbelts, because here we go:

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ABOUT WRITING

1. What inspired you to start writing? 

My grandmother. She always used to tell me bedtime stories. She was an amazing storyteller and I think that might be where I started to make up my own stories as well. 

2. How long have you been writing?

Around 20 years I guess? I started quite early I think. Professionally, About eleven years as of this year 2020.

3. When did you start writing?

I was about 10 years old when I remember already writing. Mostly short stories and poetry. At 11 I entered my first writing competition. I was 15 when I really started getting serious about writing and publishing.  

4. Have you always wanted to be a writer?

Truthfully? Nope. I wanted to be a ballet dancer, and an actor. I wanted to study drama. Becoming serious about writing started in a very dark time of my life actually. I was depressed out of my mind, wanted to kill myself, and instead started writing. It all developed from there. 

5. What advice would you give a new writer, someone just starting out?

Stop listening to the "rules". Don't look at spelling or grammar. Don't sweat the small stuff. Plot as much as you can beforehand, and have a good outline. Know where you're going with your story, don't just throw it up in the air. And just write. Get it done. Get to the end. You can't work from an empty page, but you can take what you have spewed out on the page and turn it into something beautiful in the rewriting process. 

6. How do you handle writer's block?

Honestly, I just don't write. I wouldn't call it writer's block as much as what I would rather call it, not feeling up to writing today, or this week. I'll get to it when I get to it. If I do however have a deadline and I really don't feel like writing I watch a certain JK Rowling documentary I have about her writing Deathly Hallows, and that usually gives me the kick I need to sit down and write.