Chapter 1

As I walk down the halls with my mother I have no clue where we are going. "Where are we going?" I ask her again looking up at her, me and her look somewhat alike with our looks, I have a mix of her hair and my fathers with springy curls. My eyes are a mystery like Dorian's except my eyes are more blue-green like the Avery. Me and my mother keep walking when I hear someone call my name "Clemmie!" I turn around to find Dorian. "Dori!" I yell back as I run into his arms for a hug, mother gives us disapproving looks before smiling. "You know I still hate that nickname right?" Dori asks me as he starts walking with us, I giggle at him, me and Chaol came up with that nickname after reading Finding Nemo. We leave our mother at her court, just before I walk in with her he grabs my hand "Where are we going?" I ask him as he leads me down the hall. "Ta-da!" he says as he flings open to big doors to reveal mounds of books and what looks like over a million shelves! "You can pick anything you want to read, this is now yours too," he says as he closes the gigantic doors. "Thank you, Dorian!" I say as I cling to him "Your welcome," he says as he pats my back. He picks me up so I can reach the top shelf next to the bookshelf is a picture the court painter did, it is a picture of me and mommy when I was 3 and we have our foreheads touching. Father thought it was an amazing picture so he decided to hang it up in the library.

I pick out a book called Alice in Wonderland before I finish reading the first-page Chaol comes in. "You know you are supposed to be picking a Champion right? Not reading," Chaol says looking at Dorian disapproving look. I put my finger to my lips and motion jumping on Chaol's back, he acts like he doesn't notice me, perfect. I crouch down like a cat ready to pounce, I don't give him a warning before I spring. I leap in the air like a graceful snow leopard onto his back Chaol practically jumps 10 feet in the air and yelps. Dorian combusts with laughter that there are practically tears in his eyes as he falls to the floor rolling around shaking with laughter. I can hear the guards at the door trying to hold in their amusement. "By Wyrd, Clemmie!" Chaol says as he picks me up off his shoulder like I am 10 pounds instead of 40. I start giggling at him and am on the floor next to Dorian laughing, he rolls his eyes at us and stalks out of the library "Any of you laugh and you are done," I hear Chaol say to the guards and I look over at Dori with a grin. We both break down with laughter again.

We walk out of the library straightened out again and me with my new book. I see Ress out in the hallway and run and give him a hug. "Hi," he says as he hugs me back and kisses the top of my head, Ress is one of my favorite guards every year on the first day it snows he takes me on a walk through the gardens. "Ress," Dorian says to him as he nods his head to him "Your Highness," he says before he smiles down at me and walks off. 

When we reach our mother's court I can hear the music flowing out and into the hallway. I have always loved music when I hear music everything became more vibrant and alive. Dorian drops me off and goes to meet Chaol, mother suggests that I started playing the piano since my feet could reach the pedals and my hands could reach the keys. I start with scales and move on to a song and start to sing.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.
Lay down your head, and close your eyes.
And when they open, the sun will rise.
Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.
Deep in the meadow, hidden far away.
A cloak of green, a moonbeam ray.
Forget your woes, and let your troubles lay.
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.
Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Hre your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.

I look over to my mother for her approval and I see tears forming in her eyes that are about to spill over. I don't say anything as I walk over to her and climb into her lap and hug her, then she lets the tears fall.