Mission 49: Cruelty

*WARNING!*
Mention of rape, cannibalism, and several other cruel action in the middle. Read on your own discretion

After the mission, Diane reported everything back to Merlin before she finally returned to her house. She had changed her clothes into a light blue shirt and jeans, along with a pair of sneakers. Her brown hair fell freely on her shoulders. Although the house was usually bright at this time of the night, today was not the same. The house was dark, as if there was no one inside.

"Miss, the madam is already inside the house," one of the securities told her as he opened the gate for her.

"When did she come back?"

"Around 3 hours ago," the security reported.

"Alright," she replied and rode the motorcycle into the mansion's garage. After parking it, she went inside the house which had almost no lighting at all. She walked slowly as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. Diane reached for the lamp switch and turned on the light. The sight of her drunk aunt who were leaning on the table in the center of the living room greeted her. She was surrounded by many wine bottles,  messy clothes, while sleep-talking.

"Matrona..." Diane called out softly. Her heart clenched at the pitiful sight of her aunt. She didn't understand why those people targeted her at first. Even until now, the only thing she knew was that whoever the person was, they aimed not only for Matrona, but also for her.

"You need to rest properly..." Diane told softly, reaching out for her hand. Matrona's hand was draped around her shoulders. Diane held her waist tightly, helping her to move into the bedroom.

"Who the hell... are you... This contract is not... Valid..."

Matrona continued to sleep talking as Diane assisted her. Every time Diane heard her sleep talking, she knew the business in her aunt's hand was plummeting. Way too quickly than how it was supposed to be. Once she reached the bedroom, she softly tuck her in.

She may be the younger one and Matrona never told her about the problem in the company, but that did not equal to her being completely oblivious about what her aunt was facing. She was not a princess who lived in a greenhouse, protected against  the darkness and cruelty of the true world. She faced the darkness of the world outside of the house. It may even be more dangerous in comparison to what her aunt faced, but she was more than willing. To protect what she loved, she was willing to lift up her gun and stain her hand with blood.

"Rest well," she whispered as she left the room to take a good rest for the night.

~*~

A few days past by uneventfully, but as the days past by, Diane became more and more worried as King hadn't contacted them at all. Did she fail in convincing him? Did he open the files? Did he believe her words? Many questions flashed through her mind, but she didn't know what was happening in the Codrin Mansion.

"Harlequin..."

"Yes, father."

"You are coming with me to a party tonight."

"Anything I need to prepare for?"

"Just go back to your room and prepare yourself," Elric said without even looking at King who stood right in front of his working table. His eyes were glued to the papers in front of him, not caring about his own so-called beloved son. Knowing he wouldn't get anything else from staying, he excused himself and went back to his room.

The moment the door closed and secluded him from the rest of the mansion, he took out the flashdrive he had received from Diane. Even up to this day, he had never opened the flash drive. He feared of the things contained within the file. He didn't want to face any more problem. He was torn deep inside and wanted to avoid everything. He feared this decision may result into something worse.