|| Prologue ||

"All of you is all I need."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

KIARA LOOKED AT herself in the mirror, a frown forming on her beautiful face and emptiness surrounding her grey eyes. She couldn't bring herself to feel anything, because she knew that if she did then all that awaited for her was the pain.

Ignorance is bliss. That was the motto she lived by now. Why drown yourself in the ocean of feelings if you can float among the clouds with denial?

"You can at least fake a smile." she heard a voice behind her.

Yet she didn't acknowledge the speaker. She couldn't bring the smile on her face. A heartless person never smiles, all they do is not care. Because not caring is the best escape in this world.

"It's your wedding day, Kiara. All the attention will be on the bride." the person says again and she turns to face her Ma.

People.

What good will she get by meeting people's expectations? People only let you down. They make their way into your heart and then when you are at your strongest, they snatch away all the happiness they gave you and erase you from their life.

Just like her parents did.

Just like Sejal did.

Just like Zain did.

All those promises, all those memories were for nothing. They were hollow like she was feeling right now. Maybe that was she deserved.

To be alone forever.

She was a death magnet, everyone who dared to care for her wrote their own death wish when they chose to stand by her side. She warned them, yet they didn't listen.

One moment of carelessness and everything is gone. Her Ma and Baba couldn't understand it. Aman simply called her stupid. Her uncle didn't listen to her. And now, they were all in danger.

Why couldn't they just leave her alone? Was that too much to ask?

And not to forget, her dear fiancee, Damian.

Kiara scoffed at the thought of him.

One thing Kiara hated the most was owing to people. Damian had surely saved her life but since that day, he had owned her for life.

She still remembers signing the contract with them which bounded them in this loveless marriage. This ceremony was just a facade - they were married the day they signed the deal. She remembered her wedding vows very clearly.

Be the perfect wife in public.

Accompany him to every public event.

Put of the best couple act in front of the Lorenzo family.

Do not pull any stunt to taint his image.

Be his wife till he decides otherwise.

It made her feel like a slave. She wasn't used to following orders, in fact, all her life she has been the one giving orders. And now, this deal had tamed the beast. Put a leash on her.

But then, she was great at acting - one of the most important skills you have to master if you want to survive in this business world. Kiara was sure that acting like Damian's wife wouldn't be that difficult.

She wasn't keen on being his wife for a long time, anyway. She had a plan laid out to escape through his clutches.

Damian Lorenzo was a dangerous man and by marrying him she is stepping into his mafia world. A world she will never be prepared for. She knew what privileges it granted her but then, she was her own person. She didn't want the image she built of herself to be crushed by the mere title of Mrs Lorenzo.