Chapter 2

Stumbled upon him in the Hall

I had fun talking with the boys. But this time I really need to find Tala.

Its been a long time since I had a laugh like this after a mental panic. 

This time around I walked by the semi-center of the hall. The hall was big, too big for me to see Tala in just one glance.

Few minutes later, I saw her as she was beside her one and only, prince charming Noah; my brother.

"Finally! You're here Shen!" She exclaimed as she tucks her arms through Noah's.

"So, did I miss anything?" 

"Nah, we just talked about how you were carried by Jonathan back to your partner." Soon enough they all started laughing.

Damn, what a night. A sh!tty one indeed.

"Well not my problem nobody informed me on that man."

They all looked shocked as I muttered those words. I was confused on their reaction this time.

"Wait, you don't know Mr. Ivan Martinez?"

"Yeah?"

"Sis, he's a great partner to our company. His stats have reached our billboards."

"Ofcourse I wouldn't know him! You're talking about business again" my tone getting more annoyed because I hated talking about business.

"But you should have known! He was literally all over the news since Day 1!"

"This day 1 is when, specifically?" I asked not even wanting an answer for this nonsense.

"October 3rd, 2018!" 

"Are you kidding me!?" I gasped

"NO!" They yelled at me like I'm gonna echo what they just said.

Well, aren't I unlucky enough to offend a business man? I still think he's a bastard anyways.

They both looked at me as if they were  trying to read my expression on them. They didn't know I was daydreaming AGAIN.

Tala snaps her finger and I woke up to reality AGAIN.

Tala snaps at my face telling me to stop daydreaming in the middle of a conversation AGAIN.

And ofcourse Noah would be away from where we are now AGAIN.

Ofcourse I will stop saying AGAIN in capslock anymore AGAIN.

(I promise that was the last a-word for today)

As we talked about some random topic, I ended up getting nearer to him.

And by him, I mean Ivan Martinez. Damn, how come I know his full name now?

"Hey, aren't you lucky enough to bump into him again?" Tala mutters winking at me.

"You wish!" I winked back. 

Not knowing he was literally inches behind my back, I stepped back trying to make Tala chase me but ended up stumbled upon him.

Damn these legs.

"Isn't it faith, Ms. Shena?"

"I did not! You're the one who's taking the initiative" I squealed. He squinted his eyes

"Then who's in my arms now supporting her balance? He objected.

I went quiet for a while. I was too embarrassed to talk back. 

"Now you're quiet, Ms. Shena?" He grins. Helping me stand in balance.

"You're not charming just because you helped me" I whispered.

Before I even knew what's gonna happen next, he pushed my chin up to look at him.

Those eyes...

That jaw...

That sudden smirk in his lips.

Wait, A SMIRK!?

How dare he smirk at me ! 

"Are you done cursing me in your little brain, Ms. Shena?"  He teased.

" No! I'm not even satisfied!" I growled back.

" Heh, feisty"

"Hmmph, arrogant much!" trying to walk away from him.

Thats when I noticed Tala has gone away. Bet its because she  had glanced Noah somewhere.

Damn, was I disrespectful? I didn't even say goodbye properly.

HMMP! Next time I'll offer him my kind of silent treatment! 

As if there' s a next time.

------------

Thanks for reading!!!

Make sure to Follow Me
&
Vote Chapter

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!