Once Upon A Time...

I could hear the boys laughing at me as I wiped out, I wouldv'e laughed too but my head was underwater. I mentally rolled my eyes as I shot up to the surface. I clung to my white board and glared at the 3 idiots on the beach, "That didn't count!" I yelled pulling myself out of the water. They exchanged looks and burst out laughing again, 

"You owe me 20!" yelled Charli, refering to our deal, he was standing the farthest to the left,

"I don't!" I yelled back, as I paddled back to shore.

"Uh-huh." he said, sticking out his tongue as I stood up,

"Nuh-uh." I argued back, sticking out mine. 

I turned to address the other two when I saw them exchanging money, "You bet on me too?!" guiltily they stuffed the bills into their trunks and looked at me, "Nope." Chase shook his head, Reggie glanced at Chase agreeing with him, "Never." I rolled my eyes and smiled. Charli had bet me $20 that I could do the trick "Air", but unfortunately I timed it wrong and got swept off my board instead.

"Dinner on Reggie!" I yelled running away from the group carrying my board, "Hey!" I heard them running after me. I threw my board in the bed of the truck, and climbed in. I heard the boys do the same as they clambered in around me. "That's literally SO unfair!" Reggie complained, "It is not!" I said pulling on a shirt over my wet bikini.

"Charli, tell her it is!" he whined 

"It's not." Charli said starting the truck

"Chase?" 

"Nope." 

"How is it fair!?" I laughed at his dramatics

"It's fair because I paid yesterday, Chase did the day before, and Charli the day before that." I explained

Reggie huffed beside me and I poked him, "C'mon Reg it's not that bad." he rolled his eyes, "It is when Charli wants to see how many French fries he can eat before he gets full." me and Chase started laughing while Charli made excuses for his large apatite. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmm, can I get two strawberry smoothies with extra whipped cream please." I ordered for both me and Chase. We had just finished dinner and we were eating our dessert outside sitting on the roof, and in the bed of the truck. As my order came I smiled and took my drinks outside to the truck. This restaurant was one of the best because it was next to a beach, and you could park your car and watch the sunset. I handed up the drinks to Chase, reminding him not to drop them, and climbed up beside him. "Did you get it with real pieces of strawberries?" he asked, inspecting his drink. 

"Chase, they always come with real pieces of strawberries, its in the description." I said sipping my drink, "Hmm, ok." 

Without meaning too, I thought back to when Sammy would come stay with me and we would surf all summer. 

As if reading my mind, Reggie speaks up, "So how's your cousin?" I shrugged, "I have no idea." Charli smirked, "Your hot cousin?" I laughed "Ew." Chase slurped his drink, "When was the last time you saw Sam?" Oh wow, hmm, I really had to think on this one, "Um, maybe like when we were 14?" Reggie's eyes bugged out, "2 years ago?!" I nodded.

"Me and Sammy aren't that close anymore honestly." I casually explained, 

"You don't even call?" asked a still surprised Reggie,

"Nope."

"Text?" 

"Uh-uh."

"Should we call her right now?" asked Chase, I shook my head, "Wouldn't bother, she hardly answers." I leaned back looking at the sunset, "Damn, the view is amazing." I pointed out changing the subject. The boys nodded agreeing.

The rest of the time was relaxing as we listened to Reggie's weird story of how he swore he was stung by a starfish. "Starfish are literally harmless." I pointed out laughing, he violently shook his head, "That's what they want you to think!" Charli rolled his eyes, "Are you sure it wasn't a jellyfish bro." 

Reggie feigned shock as he dramatically held his heart, "Excuuuuuuuse me! I've lived here long enough to know the difference between a STARFISH and a JELLYFISH!" Charli playfully pushed him, "Alright Dr. Doolittle." 

"I'm not lying!"

"Ok." said Charli not very convinced,

"That didn't sound very convinced."

"How would I not be convinced? I mean, clearly  starfish can sting and nobody knew about this hidden talent."

Reggie smacked Charli's head, "They dooooo!"

Well the two boys continued to argue and tease each other, and Chase quietly sipping the last of his smoothie, I felt at peace. This is where I belonged. I thought back to the lonely days, and couldn't help but think- Once upon a time.

A/n- sorry its short, i'll try to make the other chapters longer, let me know what u think so far!

Here's a quote for u guys.

"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."