A Whole Summer

You can believe me when I say there could never be a downside to surfing, but unfortunately there is one: you can't surf on land. Gah! 

However, there is something that is considerably similar. My second favorite thing to do of all time is skate boarding. It's so simple and most importantly- free. I hate feeling trapped and when your on a board- either form- it fells like your gliding and nothing can catch you. 

Unless you fall.

Which is exactly what I did. Getting lost in my thoughts, I didn't see  the jagged crack that my tire got stuck in, resulting in sending me flying towards the pavement. Ouch. As I sat up I dusted my knees and butt, picked up my board, and crossed the street. Good thing my house was right around the corner from the market I had gone too to buy some snacks. 

I opened the door setting my skate board down, "Mom! Dad! I'm home!" Silence. Hm, that's weird. "Mom?" I tried again, still nothing. I walked into the kitchen where my mom and dad were listening to something on their phone. Or someone

"Hey honey!" my dad greeted, "Hi," I replied taking a seat, "What's going on?" my mom and dad exchanged a looks, then looked back at me. "Is everything ok?" I asked starting to worry, quickly they both nodded and my mom leaned forward onto the counter, "Maxie," she started, "What would you think if you went visiting out of the state?" 

"Huh?" I said dumbly staring back at them, "what, do you mean?" I asked slowly, my father sighed, "Well since your sister went away to school," What did Kidra have to do with any of this? "You have been a little wild." my mother continued, "Your aunt Matia said you could stay with her this summer, to get away."  

"I'm sorry WHAT?" I yelled standing, my parents once again exchanged glances, "Look Maxie, we know you sneak out at night to go hangout with those boys." my mother said raising her hands to try and calm me down. "Not to mention your grades are definitely not the best." my dad interjected, "Lord knows what else you do." 

We were only a couple days into summer break, and at least I passed all my classes. "Dad, it's summer! I passed all my classes!" I stated putting my thoughts into words. He sighed, "Maxie," he started but I cut him off, "What does Kidra have to do with any of this anyway?" This time my mom tried, "Look, honey-" but I wasn't finished, "There is, NO WAY I will go to LA for a whole summer!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Well that really seemed to set my parents off. Now guess who has to get a summer job in LA? You guessed it, not-so-lucky contestant number me. It was currently Saturday, and my flight was scheduled for later today at 9. I packed all my clothes in a suitcase, and essentials in my backpack. 

Since I packed early I figured I'd go surfing. I threw on my favorite blue bikini that was held up by a string that went around my neck, and black swimming shorts. Fun fact: I don't like those underwear things because I feel like my buttcheeks are falling out. Anyway, I grabbed my board from the garage and ran down the road to the beach. As soon as I arrived I welcomed the warm water to flow over my tanned skin.

After a couple fun wipe outs, I laid on my board and watched the fluffy white clouds letting myself get lost in my thoughts. 

The boys knew, and we agreed to meet her around this time. I don't know how I'm going to survive a whole summer away from my bestfriends. I hope they visit. I almost forgot my birthday is in the summer and I would have to spend it with people I hardly know. Not to mention the fact that my parents are sending me away because they think I'm a bad kid. Well, maybe they don't think that exactly, but I'm really not. Sure I sneak out sometimes, but only to go midnight surfing. I never do anything bad. I- 

Suddenly I'm broken out of my thoughts when I hear cat calls and splashing. Sitting up I see my three bestfriends swimming out to meet me. "Miss me?" yells Reggie, I pretend to think brining my finger to my chin, "Hmm, if I say yes would I be lying?" he gasps falling off his board purposely putting me in the splash zone, "Hey!" I yell laughing along with the other two boys. 

~~~~~~~~~~

It was currently 6pm, and me and the boys were at our favorite restaurant sitting on the roof of Charli's truck. "I'm gonna miss you." Chase said simply as he rested his head on my lap. I continued silently braiding his hair while Charli and Reggie agreed. "You'll call us everyday right?" asked a serious Reggie, I smiled, "Y'know if I didn't I'd go insane." he chuckled. "We'll visit you." Charli said from my right, I smiled again, "I'd like that." 

20 minutes later we were at the airport. Originally my parents wanted to take me, but I was still upset that they were sending me away in the first place. When they saw me they hugged me and told me to stay in touch, saying they'd miss me and they'd see me soon. 

I walked over to where the boys were waiting, "Hey," I said trying for a smile, "Hey." they replied in unison. Next thing you know I was in the center of their group hug and sobbing my eyes out. I haven't been apart from them since we first met. Letting out a shaky laugh I stepped back, "Why you crying for? I'll see you three in no time. How bad can it be?" each chuckled and shook their head at me. Smiling I took one last look at them, "See ya guys." They smiled back, "See ya later Max." 

Taking a deep breath I headed for the plane, How bad can it be Max?

A/n- Second chapter done! Sorry it took so long guys, I'll try to be more consistent. 

Anyways, feel free to leave ideas in the comments :) Here's the quote for this chapter:

"Goodbyes are not forever. 

Goodbyes are not the end. 

They simply mean I'll miss you,

Until we meet again!"

Well it was more of a poem but hope you enjoyed!:)