How Bad Can it Really Be?

On the plane, I got sat next too a screaming child and a stressed mother. 

At least I got the window seat.

Quietly I pulled out my phone and put my headphones in. Turning to look out the window I couldn't stop the silent tear that made its way down my cheek, damn I'm really going to miss Hawaii. I quickly swiped the tear as well as the thought away as I felt my phone buzz in my lap. Opening my phone I took a second to admire my lock screen, which was a picture of all of us standing in a crooked line smiling/ sticking out our tongues at the camera. 

~FLASHBACK~

I had just climbed back onto the boat when I felt someone hug me, "Hey, wait-" then I felt myself falling back towards the water. Breaking the surface I sputtered an insult in the direction I thought the boat was, 

"Wrong way love!" shouted Reggie behind me in a horrible Australian accent, turning I saw 3 faces grinning down at me, I rolled my eyes laughing. Climbing back on once again, I ran to Charli giving him a big hug, "Maaaxxx!! Your all cold!" whined Charli. Letting go I turned to Chase, "Don't you want a hug Chase?" violently he shook his head no. Behind me Reggie pulled out my phone and yelled "Smile!" before snapping about 20 photos. All of which I still have but only this one came out decent with our messy wet hair, lop-sided grins, and soaking outfits.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

I smiled at the memory, before swiping open the message. 

*GROUPCHAT*

(Reggie) Afraid of Starfishes:  MAXXIIEEEE

Me: Reggiieeeee

Afraid of Starfishes: MAXIE U NEED 2 COME HOME!! 

Me: Whats the matter? i've only been gone for about an hr!

(Charli) Not best surfer: Oh hey maxie u can just ignore reggie :)

Afraid of Starfishes: NO DONT IGNORE ME!

 Me: WHATS GOING ON! 

Afraid of Starfishes: CHARLI BOUGHT ME A DEAD STARFISH AND NOW I FEEL ITCHY!!

Afraid of Starfishes: I THINK IT STUNG ME!!!

I paused, and couldn't help the giggle that escaped my mouth. I looked around to make sure no one heard, and noticed the screaming child from earlier was now sound asleep as well as her mother. Poor Reggie, and his fear of starfishes. 

Me: ...

(Chase) Twin: ...

Twin: I had nothing to do with this :)

Me: Reggie starfish don't sting

Me: especially not a DEAD one!

Afraid of Starfish: THEY DOO!!! IT STUNG ME!!!!

I glanced out the window at the night sky, then turned my attention back to the conversation as I received a photo of Reggie's hand covered with little pink dots. I couldn't help but laugh this time as I quickly typed back,

Me: Reggie, did you happen to pet a cat recently?

Afraid of Starfishes: uh yeah 

Afraid of Starfishes: When we went to Chase's after u left :(

Twin: u pet Skittles?! HOW HE WAS IN MY ROOM!!

Afraid of Starfishes: i was looking for the bathroom