CH 1

"Oh shit!" It was too late to prevent the collision as ice and soda exploded all over the other guy. Derek grabbed his arm, keeping him from tripping over his own feet and hitting the ground. "Fuck, I'm so sorry."

"Smooth move, Sherlock," Lucas snorted.

Derek shook his head apologetically and helped right the young man he'd run into. He was a few years younger than Derek with dark blond hair cut short and neat. At the moment, his eyes were directed down at his drenched shirt and tie, so Derek didn't know their color. But there was no mistaking one thing—the guy was cute as fucking hell.

"I am so sorry." Derek reached down and picked up the young man's soda cup, lid, and straw. Ice littered the concrete at his feet, his drink splattered all over the front of his white shirt and black slacks. "I wasn't looking where I was going." When he straightened, the other man was staring back at him through eyes the color of honey. A quiver rippled through Derek, causing a skip in his heartbeat. He'd always thought the whole heart skipping a beat was simply romantic literary prose. He was wrong.

"It's... it's okay," the young man mumbled with a hesitant smile and he hurriedly averted his eyes and plucked at his wet shirt. "It was an accident."

Lucas smirked. "My apologies, we haven't taught him how to walk yet. Guess we should've done that before we brought him out in public."

Derek cast him an eye-roll and smiled at the cute boy before him. "Let me buy you another drink. It's the least I can do."

"That isn't necessary. It was an accident."

"Nothing's necessary." Derek grinned. "I want to."

Lucas shot him an amused "be gentle" look and walked off in search of their friends.

"You really don't have to," the young man mumbled—but his eyes had returned to Derek's face and seemed glued there.

"Please, let me." Derek smiled. "It'll make me feel better." There was an "innocence" about the guy that made Derek feel a little guilty about the sizzling fantasies suddenly running rampant through his head. Stop picturing him naked. An impossible request. Derek fucked guys for a living—he was helpless to imagine him naked. Especially, an insanely cute boy like this one.

The boy shrugged and smiled small. "Okay."

"I'm Derek, by the way." He thrust out his hand.

"Patrick." His hand was soft, though not weak as he gripped Derek's hand.

Don't think about his hands touching your fun parts, Derek chided himself as he did just that. His loins tingled. When his funnest part started to get into it, Derek quickly wiped his mind and gave the boy his hand back—reluctantly so.

The two young men headed down the street toward one of the fast-food vendors set up at the curb of the sidewalk. Brightly clothed and, in some cases, glittered bodies flowed around them. A few hundred yards in the opposite direction, Gideon and Daniel had set up a joint booth and exhibition for the Pride event. A couple "stripper poles" had been erected on a small, temporary platform as some of the guys took turns putting on a show for the onlookers and passersby. It was great promotion for Daniel's club and Gideon had pamphlets available showcasing his "stars" and website. And of course, the strippers and porn stars were there in the flesh to tempt and tease potential customers.

On their break, Derek and Lucas had gone for a stroll to take in the "sights" of the Pride event. Walking beside Patrick now, Derek was satisfied checking out this one sight. Had the twins been with him, they would've been all over this boy, doing their damnedest to tempt him back to the house. The task falls to you, Derek my boy. He was up for the challenge—if it was a challenge.