Chapter 2: First date. First kiss. First time... Not necessarily in that order

XXX Five months after the end of chapter 1 XXX

Kim waddled to the front door of the apartment, pushing the door bell. The apartment Shego was renting was definitely upscale; her first payment for the place may have been from the proceeds of her illegal ventures, but she had sworn to Kim that every payment since had been paid from her work as a Security Systems Evaluator. There was a surprisingly high demand for Shego's services. Apparently, hundreds of corporations wanted to have their security checked by a woman who, almost half a year ago, had been considered one of the most dangerous thieves in the world.

Ron wasn't with her; For once, he was the one busy at an extracurricular activity. While Kim's 'condition' had forced her to quit from the school cheerleading team, Ron was still the school's mascot. He had offered to resign, but Kim didn't want that.

She had visited Shego's apartment often since Shego had begun renting it; Shego had even given her a key to Kim to use when Shego wasn't there. It was nice to have a place to get away from her family and friends. Since getting pregnant, they seemed to always be there, protecting her… being overprotective. Sometimes, she just wanted some privacy.

Oddly enough, while she objected to her family and Ron being overprotective, she didn't feel the same way when Shego was overprotective. If anything, it was cute… seeing the once evil super-villain, who had vowed to never be 'weak', hovering like a mother hen. It made Kim feel very warm inside.

Kim pressed the doorbell again. She was sure Shego should be home from her latest job, but no answer came to the door. Worried, she took her key from her book bag and unlocked the door. She pushed the door open, having to maneuver carefully to get both her backpack and her pregnant belly inside. She and Shego still hadn't decided on a name for the baby, although Kimmy was strongly considering 'Kasy' (for Kim And Shego, Y'all). Her mom had suggested waiting until actually seeing the baby before permanently settling on a name.

The apartment inside was decorated in a mix of colors; dark greens and black predominated, as they were Shego's two favorite colors. Kim had to admit a fondness for green; it suited Shego so well. However, there were a few touches of other color, mainly provided by Kim. For example, some of Kim's cuddle buddies were sitting on a shelf. Shego insisted Kim had only brought them there to torment Shego, but Shego had let them stay.

The main piece of furniture in the front room was a large, oversized green leather couch facing a wide screen TV. The TV was off, but curled up on the couch was Shego. The woman was wearing her normal green and black jumpsuit, with a pair of black gloves (instead of her claw-tipped fighting gloves). A green duffle bag, with 'Shego' scrawled on the side in black permanent marker, was laying by the couch. Shego had apparently collapsed on the couch after arriving back from a trip to evaluate a new Japanese conference center.

Kim looked at Shego. In sleep, the woman looked innocent and vulnerable, an appearance Shego tried very hard to mask when awake. The woman had even, in her sleep, pulled a cushion against her chest and was snuggling it.

Kim sighed. Kim was well aware of the effects jet lag could have on your sleep patterns, from Kim's experiences as a globe-trotting world savior. She set her book bag down and closed the door, locking it. Kim then leaned over, trying to pull the cushion away from Shego so she could wake the older women enough to get her to bed.

Shego murmured in her sleep. This close up, Kim could see dark rings under Shego's eyes. The woman had apparently not gotten much sleep in Japan… Attending conferences during the days, spending the nights 'reconning' the buildings. Kim managed to pull the cushion free, but then Shego's arms suddenly moved. Instead of finding the couch cushion, Shego's arms went around Kim's body and pulled.