3 // She

inspired by harry styles' song she 😁 so that's why theres lyric references to it...😀

Matty POV

i woke up abruptly, it was like
8am. i looked to the side of my bed and it was empty, i furrowed my eyebrows; i could've sworn i fell asleep next to somebody...some girl. i couldn't remember if i went home with anyone last night...i don't think i did? i remembered quite a bit of the night before, actually and i didn't drink too much at the bar, and ross had dropped me off at my apartment.

i brushed the feeling off and got up. i needed to take a shower, i reeked of weed. i couldn't go like this to my meeting. we were going to discuss the setlist for our first glastonbury show, i was so fucking excited and i couldn't mess it up. playing this show was all i ever hoped for, i never cared much for the fame or the publicity that came with the release of our first studio album last year, but this — this made everything worth it, and i hoped we could do more glastonbury shows in the future if we nail this one. and i was sure we would.

"i say we do pressure." ross said, "fuck man, we need to do it."

"i don't know, i say we do an EP song like so far perhaps?" adam suggested, tuning his guitar in the corner of the room. "it's all up to matty."

"matty?" "matty, hello?"

i snapped back to reality at the sound of my name, "sorry, what was that?"

"for fucks sake mate, where have you been?" ross punched my shoulder. "pressure or so far for glastonbury next week?"

"why not both?" i asked.

george rolled his eyes, "he hasn't been listening." he turned to me, "there isn't enough time on the set list to play both, you're gonna have to pick one."

"pressure." i said. "sorry, i was deep in thought."

"what're you thinking of?" ross asked. i didn't want to answer, but i knew if i didn't tell the boys they'd keep prying at me.

i took a deep sigh, "i don't know, i guess i slept with this girl last night and i can't get her out of my head and i don't know why, i don't even know who she is."

ross chuckled at me, "mate, you didn't go home with anyone last night."

george had taken me seriously but soon bursted out laughing when ross said that, "a woman who's just in his head and sleeps in his bed!" he nearly fell over. "hysterical!"

"whatever, you're all just a bunch of wankers." i brushed them off, "let's get on with it then! i say we also add robbers to the setlist, thats everyone's favorite."

"now we're talking." adam smiled, writing the songs down on a listed paper, "robbers and pressure it is..."

a week later....

"you okay?" adam asked me, putting his guitar over his shoulders. "are you even okay to go on stage? you look like you haven't been sleeping right."

"i havent, if i'm being honest." i said, "that girl...she won't get out of my fucking head."

"it's been a week since the first time you mentioned it." he said, "why haven't you told us anything? we could've helped, we're your mates."

"i wouldnt know what to say." i told him. "she's been overly consuming me, she's the first one that i see."

george ran past me, "show time!" adam patted my shoulder, reassuring me to just get through the show despite my lack of sleep. i was ready, at least i think i was. usually, preforming made me forget all my troubles, and connecting with the fans was the only thing that mattered to me.

and i was right, i forgot any little thing that bothered me while i preformed. i genuinely loved it and being here at glastonbury was such a dream.
that was until, i decided to jump off the stage and see my fans close up. i loved their smiles and i loved seeing how they reacted to me and my music. as i was doing my thing, i noticed a familiar face in the crowd...the one who had been living in daydreams with me for the past week.

coincidentally, pressure started as soon as i spotted her, and i looked right into her eyes and sang the words. "you've seen so many faces that i've never seen before..." I hope she knew i was singing about her, i hoped my words haunted her in that moment like the way she had been haunting me.

after the show, the boys and i hugged, laughing and smiling. "we fucking did it, mates!" ross exclaimed, "we really just played glastonbury!"

"i say we go out to a pub, get a drink, get high off our asses!" george said. they kept high-fiving, speaking of antics they planned to do tonight, but i was too busy wondering about that girl. i needed to find her, somehow, in this giant ass music festival — i don't know where she is.

"i'll be back" i told them, and as i walked away, they shouted at me, probably thinking i was gonna go smoke a blunt without them.

i went out the stage door, ignoring all the stage crew that walked past me congratulating me. i was focused on one thing and it was that girl.

i was so focused, i wasn't even looking where i was going and i bumped into someone, knocking us both into the ground.

"sorry, love!" i said, "i wasn't paying attention i really-"

i sat up, only to find the girl who i'd been looking for sitting in front of me.

god, she was beautiful.

"wow..." i said, out of disbelief.

she laughed, "so you're the one in my dreams."

"and you're the one in mine."