Author's Notes/Trigger Warnings

This is a fanfiction based on the Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetles series by C.L. Stone. The Blackbourne Team, the Toma Team, the Academy, and all of those details are from the series. The storyline, one specific team, and Joey are my own.

This is going to be all 14 fic. It's an HEA, too. Joey wants it all and I provide. 

I am not a nurse or a medical professional, so odds are things are going to go wrong at some point or another. Thanks to my own experiences as a teenager, my own medical issues, research, and my boyfriend's reluctant assistance (he is also not a nurse, but has a medically related degree), I'm not completely lost buuut... I'm also probably going to fuck this up in more ways than one. I take a bit of creative license for the sake of plot but if something is so wrong that it borders on dangerous, please let me know!

Because I know some people don't like it, I'll fess up now... Sang and Kayli both exist in this universe. Kayli dated the Toma's. Sang dated the Blackbourne's. Neither of them will show up in the fic, there won't be any ex drama. They just happen to play an important role in the dynamic of these 15 people and the relationship they're building together. Everyone is a little bit older than they were in canon and all of them are coming to this relationship with life experiences that change the way they view what they have with each other. That includes the ways that their past relationships failed.

Also, interrelationships within the group exist. I love Raven and Corey, so they're obviously an item in this fic, but there are two other relationships in their group that are similar (ish) and a range of sexualities. One won't be a huge surprise and the other one is a matchup that isn't unheard of, they're just normally matched with other people. It's really not that daring, but I like them together.

Trigger Warnings:

*Sex Scenes-- It will get explicit and Joey is very comfortable with herself. I won't put warnings at the beginning of chapters or around the scenes themselves.

*Cussing-- Gabe is present and accounted for.

*Depression and Anxiety-- Several people in the story suffer with one or the other or both.

*Domestic Abuse-- mentioned but doesn't happen in real time.

There is a playlist for this fic! It's on Spotify. My username is mebowriter and the playlist is called Medically Speaking. It's just a collection of songs that I connect to for this fic and these characters. They most likely wouldn't enjoy what I picked out but it's what helps me.