Followed

It had been about a week since coffee with Tenya, I hadn't seen him since but we texted every once in a while.

I was on my way walking home after a job interview that I had totally bombed, I wasn't going to get the job, I didn't even meet all the requirements. I was going to lose my apartment soon too.

Trying to space out of my problems I put an earbud in and started playing some music to distract myself. As I walked it felt like something was off, it felt like I was being watched. Or followed.

Thinking it was probably nothing I sped up slightly to try and shake it off. No matter how fast I walked or how many random turns I made to shake the feeling, it remained, I was definitely being followed by someone. I looked around trying to find someone but I didn't see anyone.

I began to panic inside and I grabbed my phone clicking on the first contact in my phone, it rang a few times before someone picked up.

"Hello?" I recognized the voice as Tenya Iida.

"H-hey, sorry to call you so randomly like this but I think I'm being followed." My voice was shaky from my nerves.

"Where are you? Do you see anyone? Do you know who it is? Has this happened before?" He bombarded me with questions making my nerves sky rocket.

He was a hero, he was just trying to figure out how to help me, right? "No, I've never been followed before. I don't know what to do."

"Is there any businesses around you? Go into one of them and explain the situation to one of the workers they'll let you stay there, tell me where you are and I'll come walk you home." He gave me instructions on what to do and I followed them.

"Just any business?" I asked looking around me.

"Yes, any business will do." He answered and I walked into a office type building.

"Will you stay on the line until you get here?" I asked walking up to the receptionist.

"Yes, of course."

I explained the situation to the receptionist and she let me stay in the lobby until Tenya came to get me.

He didn't take long at all, I didn't think much about the short wait because my nerves wouldn't let me.

I should have been more observant back then.

"Are you alright?" He asked coming over to the sofa I was sitting on.

"Y-Yeah, thanks for coming to get me." I stood up and I waved to the receptionist letting her know I'd be alright from here. She nodded and Tenya and I walked out of the establishment.

"Let's get you home y/n." I nodded and we walked to my house together.

I stood close to him still a nervous wreck from the adrenaline of the scary situation I was in. "Sorry, I bet I took you from work didn't I?" I apologized looking over to him. "Must be tough work being a hero."

"Don't apologize, I didn't mind coming to help you. Besides I had today off anyway." I smiled at him and his kind actions.

"Thank you Tenya. This is the second time you've been here for me." I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked letting myself calm down and relax, he stiffened at my actions before relaxing again and letting me lay my head on him.

"Second?" He questioned looking down at me.

"Yeah! When you got me a drink it really made my day!" I wasn't looking up at his face but if I was I would have seen a blush across his cheeks and a small smile worn gently on his features.