Stockholm Syndrum

Time ticked by until another week had passed, something sparked inside of me, the feeling was different and completely foreign to me. It was unhealthy.

I sprawled out on top of the counter, I found it quite comfortable to lay on the counter. The sound of the basement door opening made me sit up and turn toward the stairs.

Based off of the steps it was definitely Iida. He turned the corner to see me sitting on the counter. "Y/n we talked about being on the counter." He walked over and lifted me down by my waist.

"I don't see the problem, it's comfortable." I huffed folding my arms and turning away from him.

"Aww come on, don't be like that dear." Iida smiled as he placed his hand on my head gently leaning towards me trying to get eye contact.

I reluctantly turned to face him, he had a black eye, did he get in a fight? "Hey, what happened?" I asked as I gently raised my hand touching the bruise on his cheek. He had a small cut too.

"I got in a fight, everything's alright though. I handled it." He grabbed my hand on his face and held it there leaning into it.

"Just, be more careful. Please." My eyes held concern, if he died I would die, no one knew I was here and I can't leave without his key. I was also kind of worried for him.

"I'm sorry I worried you." He apologized straightening himself and his posture. He was so formal and respectable.

"You owe me for worrying me." I retracted my hand from his face and crossed my arms.

"What would you like?" He asked chuckling.

"Caramel ice cream." I smirked at him.

"Alright, we can get ice cream." He sighed. "Though it's not good for you." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Can I go with you to get it?" I asked cheerfully my eyes sparkling.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." He adjusted his glasses. "I don't want you trying to get away, with all the people around if you caused a scene it could get messy and it wouldn't make me very happy." His face went dark and I looked down at my feet.

"I promise I won't, I just want to go out with you." My behavior was not natural for a captive, I had become too attached and dependent on my captor. I had started liking him too much.

I took too much pleasure from all his actions, even when he would get mad at me or threaten me I enjoyed it, 'at least I have someone giving me attention and caring for me' is what I'd tell myself to excuse his abusive behavior.

"You won't say a word to anyone but me understood? You won't even try to leave my sight, you cannot go more then five feet away from me. If you do anything wrong you and everyone there will die."

The month and a half in captivity made me compliant, I would listen to anything I was told. I had no defiance and would obey without question.

It was all too much for me and I broke, I wish I could have been stronger and at least lasted two months before breaking down completely.

I often used to read stories of survivors and their living hell's of being kidnapped. They were so strong, they didn't lose hope or listen to their captors, they held out for years. I couldn't even last two months.

Perhaps it was my past mental problems that made me break and give in so easily, the worst part was that I didn't hate being a toy, a pet to be controlled. I felt like a puppy in training camp.

"I won't do anything." I agreed to his endless conditions, every rule he made I followed. I was afraid to let him down. But why? Why did I want to do everything he told me to?

"You'll have to wear a hat and a hoodie, also sunglasses. I don't want you being recognized." Tenya sighed adjusting his glasses. "You have to hold my hand the whole time too."

"I thought you said five feet radius?" I questioned the change.

"I decided that it would be better to just have you attached to me at all times, if you don't want to you can't come." He crossed his arms looking down at me, his height towered over me. It was pretty intimidating.

"No! I have no problem holding your hand!" I grabbed onto his hands in a hurry giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Then if you accept you can come." I nodded vigorously agreeing.

"Deal!"

•••

The store I had often went to when I was free felt so different to me now, I felt so distant from my surroundings. It was as if I wanted nothing more then to be here but my mind wanted me elsewhere.

I held tightly to Tenya's hand, it felt like if I let go of him the world would swallow me up and I would completely disappear. No one else even knew I existed.

No one knew I was gone, Tenya is the only one who cares.

I kept my eyes down to the floor as we walked the store looking for ice cream. I couldn't look up from my shoes, I wouldn't look at anyone.

Why couldn't I face anyone here? They don't even know me. So why do I feel ashamed?

I felt happy I was out of the house and seeing some different scenery but I was beginning to regret the store.

Had I really been away from people so long that I felt atrocious around them? I know what I'm doing is wrong. But my mind won't let me think about what I was doing.

I didn't want to think about it, because if I did that would be admitting to it.

I was falling for my captor.

It wasn't a uncommon disorder, but I never thought I'd give into my mental issues and allow myself to feel this way. It was undeniable that I had developed Stockholm syndrome.

I hated myself for giving into my problems, but Iida made all my problems go away. He's been here for me. He's been kind to me when the world turned it's back on me.

"Are you alright dear?" Tenya asked noticing my inner torment I was putting myself through, the uncomfortable feeling of others eyes being on me since I was taken.

I snapped myself out of my head to look up at Tenya, his face held concern. "I'm alright, let's just get the ice cream and go." He nodded at my words and lead me to the ice cream.

I couldn't help but watch as my mind distanced myself from the world and became more dependent on Tenya. It was like watching a train wreck.

At this point in time I don't know what I would do without him, if I was found and taken from him they would force me back into the mental hospital and make me talk. They would make me face my problems.

I didn't want that, I wanted to stay with Tenya! He doesn't make me do things I don't want to. He doesn't make me explain everything I do so he can "fix" me. I'm not broken. Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count 1240

Sorry I missed yesterday's update! I was busy and lost track on time for this story.

Let me know if I missed anywhere where Iida is supposed to be Tenya, I've been trying to fix it while I go over the chapters for editing, but I'm pretty sure I've missed a few. Oops.