Together Happily-Ish

I hated how infatuated I had become with Tenya, I hated how much I liked him. My mind was making up cute scenarios with him in my mind constantly. I wanted a happily ever after with a villain. Was I ok with that?

Does it even matter if love is love? Some love isn't healthy though. So is it still ok to feel that way? What the hell even is love? Who has the right to determine its bounds?

"Hey dear I'm back." Tenya greeted me as he walked down the stairs.

"How was villainy?" I asked looking at the ceiling as I laid on the couch.

"It was nice, no one died today." He came over to the couch and leaned over it to look at me giving me a small smile.

"You kinda suck you know that? First you kidnapped me and then you got me all confused about my own feelings." He chuckled and leaned down to cover my vision of the ceiling with him instead. "I want to be with you but I shouldn't, I love you but it's not healthy."

"I love you too, I want nothing more then to be with you. I'd do anything for you. I'll always protect you." His hand snaked over the couch and gently swiped a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"This is wrong, and I know that. So why can't I stop myself from feeling this way about you?" My voice cracked as I grabbed ahold of Tenya's hand. "It's stupid."

"I don't see the problem, if I love you and you love me then why should anyone else's opinion matter?" Tenya removed his hand from my hold. He walking around the couch to sit by me and hold me tightly in his arms comfortingly. "I'll protect you and never let anyone else lay a finger on you. I'll have you forever"

"It's not like I even have a choice." I whispered to myself accepting this awfully wrong feeling. "As long as you hold me, I'm yours." My voice lacked hope or happiness. This wasn't how the finale love confession should be. It should be happy.

"Then I'll hold you until my last breath." He squeezed me tighter in a loving manner.

I gave him a small smile not matching the rest of my face. At my conflicted look Tenya cupped my face in his hand. "It's alright dear, I know you love me too. As time passes you'll come more to terms with it and learn how to show it back."

"I just- I just want to make us both happy." I leaned into his chest listening to his rhythmic heartbeat.

"I am happy, I will always be happy while you're by my side." He stroked my hair trying to reassure me. "Just promise me you'll always be by my side, promise you won't ever leave me."

I thought for a moment weighing my options. "I promise." I sat up to look him in his eyes. "I promise I'll always be with you by your side."

"Then nothing else matters to me." He placed a gentle kiss to my forehead. "Nothing but you dearest."

I knew there was still lots to be discussed and figured out but for now I wanted to live my life with Tenya.

About a week later Tenya moved me from the basement, now trusting in my promise to remain by his side. I no longer felt trapped.

I still couldn't leave the house but I didn't care, I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to leave Tenya.

As weeks turned into months my love for the man grew, it still wasn't exactly a healthy relationship in any way but it was still love and that was enough.

His obsessiveness calmed over time, occasionally I would see glimpses of the man he used to be before he covered it back up again with his possession.

There was no denying it, I loved him and he loved me. I was fully in love with my captor.      I would still have the occasional doubts but Tenya would wash them clean when he was around me.

I'd like to say I changed him, made him become a good person, give up the life of villainy and was reformed, but that wasn't true. He was still a villain but I learned to accept him as he was.

In all technicality you could say he changed me, no I didn't become a villain but I gave into him and loved him despite it all.

Nothing was going to take me away from Tenya, neither of us would let it.

I was as happy as I could be with Tenya and I wasn't leaving. I made a promise remember? And I don't intend on breaking it. Not for the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count 870

This is it. This is the end. I hope you all liked this story, I would like to thank everyone who read, commented and voted on it!

When I first started writing this I didn't really care for it, but as it progressed and I released it seeing all the support made me realize it probably wasn't as bad as I thought.