Mikey Doesn't Know What The Question Is, But He Says The Answer Is Yes

Mikey was standing on the croquet field, inhaler in hand, as he waited for Gerard and Frank to stop flirting with each other and actually work on the music video. It had been a long day already, and Mikey was sure they would have been done by now if it wasn't for Frank and Gerard constantly stopping to get more coffee, throw an impromptu dance party, or stare at each other for far longer than any two men who were "just bandmates" ever should.

To be fair, he knew he was lucky to have both of them in his life. Gerard was his beloved older brother, always there for him no matter what, and despite his rebellious attitude, Frank was one of kindest people he'd ever met. They could be a pain sometimes, but they made each other happy.

Mikey glanced out to where Frank and Gerard were, and with his croquet mallet slung over his shoulder, Gerard proclaimed, "I am the master of the wicket," seconds before Frank tackled him.

"What the fuck was that for?" Gerard shouted as Frank ran off.

"I'm sorry, babe!" Frank exclaimed. "I still love..." All of a sudden, Frank realized that the director, the crew, and the rest of the band were all still here. "Puppies!" he exclaimed. "I love puppies! Puppies are cute, right?"

Mikey adjusted his glasses and tightened his grip on his croquet mallet, hoping to distract himself from Frank's desperate attempt to conceal his relationship with Gerard. He tried to think happy thoughts: Anthrax, D&D, sushi, unicorns...

That was when Bob Bryar walked up to him.

To be honest, Mikey barely knew My Chemical Romance's new drummer. They'd met once or twice when MCR and The Used were touring together, but he hadn't even heard Bob play yet. They were practically strangers.

"Hi Bob," Mikey said. "What's up?"

"I was just wondering about something," Bob said. "Frank and Gerard, you know, are they..."

"I know what you're going to ask, and...um...well...the answer is yes," Mikey said. Bob instantly went silent, and Mikey immediately added, "Please don't judge them - I think they're trying to keep it quiet, but they're doing a terrible job of it..."

"Wait, what?" Bob said. "I was going to ask if they were getting lunch with us after we're done shooting the video."

That was most definitely not what Mikey thought Bob was going to ask.

He had to save face somehow. If Bob didn't already know about Gerard and Frank's relationship, it was probably best to keep it under wraps. Mikey wished that his big brother would trust him enough to tell him about Frank, but clearly, it was meant to be a secret. Mikey was sure that Bob would find out about Frank and Gerard eventually, but he wouldn't be the one to force them out of the closet.

"I have no idea if they're coming," Mikey said.

"But you're Gerard's brother, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I can read his mind."

"It would be cool if you could though. You'd be like Superman."

Mikey shook his head. "No way. I don't want to listen to Gerard think about comic books and Frank all the time."

He couldn't believe it. He'd just done it again. Mikey hated himself, hated how he'd betrayed his brother, how he couldn't keep his secret. He had to do better. He had to change the subject before Bob found out.

"Is Ray getting lunch with us too?" Mikey asked.

"I don't know. We should go ask him."

"Sure, that sounds like a good idea," Mikey said.