Heartbreak

The next morning...

Artemis woke up in Gar's arms, she looked up at him, he looked so peaceful. She didn't want to wake him so she eased her way out of the bed without waking him. She put on one of his shirts and went to her room to get her phone. When she made it to her room she saw Shadow, who walked up to her and sniffed her recognizing Gar's scent on her. Shadow gave her a curious look, so she kneeled putting her hand on his head, and read his thoughts.

'Why do you smell like sweat and Gar?...did you and him have sex?'

"yes, I did," she told him.

'why?'

"Shadow, I love him and I love these people, I don't want to hurt them," she told him and he nodded at her phone for her to call Scarecrow, she pet Shadow and picked up her phone. She picked up the phone and called and put the phone up to her ear, it began to ring.

"Hello...Dad?" Artemis asked.

"Artemis, how's the mission? did you get them to care for you?"Scarecrow asked wanting to know how the mission was going.

"look, dad...I don't want to do this anymore, I care about these people and they care about me, more than you ever have" Artemis told him." so you want to stay because the people care for you?" he asked.

" yes...that's one reason" she mumbled.

" Awww is it really because of the green-haired boy?...is that why you want out?" He asked laughing.

"How do you know about him?" She asked worried.

"You think I haven't been watching you," he said chuckling "you're not going to stop working for me"

"yes I am" "why now?" Scarecrow asked.

"because I'm in love and he loves me for me and I will never hurt him...ever," she told him.

"you will regret this, Artemis," He told her "try me bitch" she said before hanging up the phone. She stood there looking out the window, thinking about what he said. A few minutes later she felt arms wrap around her waist and little kisses on her neck. She knew who it was.

"Good morning, Gar" "Morning...you know I would like it if I could wake up next to you," he told her with a smile. She turned around and looked at him, he put his hand on her cheek and she leaned into his touch. 

"you wanna take a shower with me?" he asked smirking at her. "yeah," She told him. He kissed her and went to get the shower ready, while she stayed there looking out the window afraid of what's to come. 

one hour later...

After their very long shower together, they were heading to the kitchen but Gar stopped them before everyone could see them together.

" You go in first, I'll wait here for a sec" Gar told her, she looked at him like he was crazy.

"Look I know you don't want to go against Dick's rules but, I don't want to have to hide what we have," She told him putting his hand in hers and looked into his eyes, he couldn't help but smile. He was about to say something but then...

"What the fuck is going on here?" They looked over and saw Dick standing there, arms crossed, looking at them with anger in his eyes.

"I thought I told you to stay away from her" Dick said to Gar.

"well you see I thought about that and said "fuck it"," Gar told Dick boldly and that somehow turned Artemis on a little.

"You disobeyed my orders by being near her" Dick told Gar and Gar was getting pissed off.

"I would rather die than be away from her...I love her"Gar told Dick, everyone else was standing behind Dick and was shocked that Gar had just admitted he loved Artemis.

"I love him too and Dick you have no right to keep us apart," Artemis told him.

" I'm trying to keep Gar safe from you" "what?" Artemis asked a little confused "you think we don't know about the phone call you made with Scarecrow an hour ago," Hank told her, and she was shocked that they knew.

"What is he talking about?" Gar asked Artemis "Her and her father have been playing us this entire time,"  Hank told Gar who looked at her in disbelief.

"Is that true?" Gar asked her with tears in his eyes. "is it?" he asked her again, his voice began to quiver. She nodded and tears fell down Gar's cheek. 

"so everything we had was fake?...none of it was real" "no it was real Gar, it was all real," she told him, as her eyes began to water.

"Did you even love me?"Gar asked "yes, I did and still do love you, Gar," She said, tear falling down her cheeks as well.

"Gar, at first I tried to deny my feelings but...the moment you held me, kissed me at the river I realized that I was in love with you," she told him but he was still heartbroken.

" I thought I knew you and understood you, and I thought you understood me too but I guess I was wrong," Gar told her "you don't mean that, "she said to him.

"I wish I never fallen for you, fucked you, hell even met you.....I should've just walked away when you jumped into that waterfall" when he said that it broke her heart more than it already was. She had always known that she wasn't met to be love. She tried her hardest to prove herself wrong but, she was right.

"You need to get your things and leave, kid," Hank told Artemis who didn't even put up a fight. She went to the bedroom where her stuff was and started getting her things packed. Someone then knocked on the door.

"I'm leaving ok, just give me a minute," she told who was knocking. They opened the door and it turned out to be Dawn who walked in with open arms. Artemis ran to her and hugged her tightly, crying into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry" she said to Dawn who pulled away from the hug and looked at the girl, wiping her tears away. Dawn then gave her some money.

"be safe and get as far away from us and Scarecrow as possible, ok," Dawn told the girl, Artemis nodded and hugged her one last time."I love you, Johanna" Dawn told her before walking out of the room. Artemis shut the door and sobbed. She sat on the floor, hugging her knees to her chest.