Chapter 7

"Come on run woman!" Ben yells loudly at you. Flinching you desperately try to pick up the pace. Your heart was thundering and your forehead rained sweat. Your vessels could burst if you push any further.

Either way you kept running until you stumble over a tree branch. Causing you to fall with a loud thud. Pain rushes through your joints before also noticing your bloody knee and hands. You get up in frustration crying.

Ben sighs walking over to you. "You need to get faster...and control your footing more." His hands rested on his hips as his red pupils stare at you with grief.

"Sorry Ben...but believe me I'm trying really hard!"

"Tsk not hard enough." He frowns irritated.

That's it you're officially pissed. "What's your problem?!" You snort back.

"My problem?!" He laughs mockingly. "My problem is you're a useless proxy!" He angrily yells. You take a step back from his outburst. You try to hold back your tears.

"Well fine! It's not like I asked to have my life ruined! This is all your fault! I wanted a normal life!" You quickly turn away before running off.

Ben clutches his fists before running after you. He felt guilty for snapping on you. He was just under a lot of stress and concerned about you. He calls out to you but you ignore it.

Soon enough you were pinned down. You flare your arms around. "Let go let go!" You scream. Ben grips your neck while embracing you.

"Shhh." He calmly coos while pressing his finger against your neck. You began to calm and clear your mind as your pupils dilate. "There. Now listen."

You try to move but realize you were paralyzed. It must be from want Ben was doing to you. Your eyes look toward him as you try to say okay. "Okay (insert name) I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry for pushing you so much. You're actually doing good for a newbie. And I was just butthurt over something and mistakenly let it out on you. I'm really sorry."

Your eyes clear and return to normal as he releases you. "Okay I'm sorry too but what the heck did you do to me?!" You question while rubbing your neck.

"It's a useful tactic proxies use to calm each other." He replies. You nod as you look at your palms. Thinking of how it reminded you of what ferrets do to their young ones.

"Think I could do that?"

"Oh course. Every proxy learns this once they are fully awaken. However at the moment you can't since you're still a mortal ." Ben falsely smiles.

"Heh I'll do my best to be a useful proxy. I promise I will Ben." You cheer happily.

However Ben just smiles weakly. "Yeah, I know you will."

A gentle breeze whisks into your bedroom. It was nearly midnight and you still couldn't fall asleep. It was Ben. He was worrying you today. He's not himself. And worst is you can't pin point what's bothering him. And this caused you to feel sick.

"Oh my God I need to poop." You hiss while getting up. After a nice bathroom break you get back to your room. But suddenly you rush back to the bathroom to defecate again expect this time it was painful and the smell was unbearable.

You wince in pain while holding onto your belly. After the episode ended you slowly turn yourself to look into the toilet. Blood was staining the bowl. And a slimy substances floated in the bloody water.

You jump off the toilet terrified. You hold in your screams as you flush and quickly clean yourself up. You get your coat and run into the woods. A mere mortal can't enter portal that proxies enter. But there are some portals that they can that remain open for the newbies or when a human needs to enter into their world to give warnings.