Contents

Aim to Engage 2020

2 Heart - Bonus Prompt #2: You are a botanist with a large botanical garden. One day you find something different in a plant you just discovered. What is this? How or in what way would you use that thing you found?

3 Dragons and Legends - Day 16: Firebird: Everyone wants to hunt a dragon, but what happens when you're tasked to find a one of a kind beast that only exists in legend?

4 The Thirteenth - Monster Army: Before the thirteenth night of each month, the villagers lock themselves inside their houses at dusk. They barricade the doors and windows, turn off the lights, and make no sound whatsoever until the sun rises. A parade of monsters march through the streets and no one dares to witness them.

On the thirteenth night of one month in particular, a stranger with a beat-up car arrives at the village in search of fuel...

5 Stranded -- School trips are meant to be fun, right? What happens when the bus leaves you stranded? All you have is a backpack of clothes, a phone that's almost dead, and five dollars.

Magic

6 January Challenge - 2021 - The Harvest

After struggling for so long to find a job, you finally start working as an assistant housekeeper for a wealthy family. While you're watering the plants, one flower turns to you, and to your utter shock, warns you of a dark family secret.

7 A Bard's Tale: @Magic Contests and Challenges - 03/2022 - A Life After Life - The Magic at Last
(In collaboration with: Fantasy, HighFantasy, Speculative Fiction, Teenfiction, WattpadRoyals, WattpadTimeTravel)

A 17-year-old is suddenly taken to a magical world. There they manage to slay a dragon, become a royal, get married, have kids and eventually pass away decades later...only to wake up in their high school, young and in their uniform again as if nothing happened. That is until they notice that their wedding is still on their finger.

What happens next? Do you discover the way back to your magical world? How did it all happen? Why did it happen? How do you continue living your life after that life? 2000 words.

Flash Fiction Forum

7 January 2021 Challenge - Mattress

Your challenge is to write a story where a form or forms of technology comes alive.

8 Spellcaster

Entry for Aim to Engage 2021: WattpadPotterverse. Prompt: You were rewatching Harry Potter series on your TV and you imitate how the character cast a spell with a pen like every time but this time, it works! What happened? What spell did you use? 

Fiction

9 Maze

Revised from entry to Halloween Vault 2022, based on prompts 10 and 12.
(10) On your way back home from the Halloween party, you find yourself stuck in a maze all of a sudden. All you can hear is "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" playing in the background.
(12) You and your three friends are having a great time trick or treating on Halloween until you realize that there are now five of you.

New Year's Fiesta 2023

10 Glass Slippers 

Retold profile prompt. It's New Year's Eve and this year things will change. You discover a book with retold fairy tales and classics in the attic, only to get pulled into one particular story...

Annette, without a date this New Year's Eve (as usual) finds a book of fairy tales and classics in the attic where she is pet sitting for the holiday and is told she can have it. She opens it to a Cinderella story set in the Kingdom of West Aurelia and the story makes her feel as though she is there. She dozes off, and when she wakes up...

11 All My Yesterdays

Fantasy profile prompt: It's New Year's Eve and this year things will change. A New Year's carnival is in town and there's something not quite right about it. People are disappearing and no one is noticing. No one except you... 

Carnivals, street fairs, and farmer's markets and the like were one of Ed Nottingham's favorite pastimes. In his short life, he attended many: regular yearly ones like Mardi Gras, his church picnic, random street fairs and so on. Home from the hospital after chemo, he takes a walk on New Year's Eve and finds a small carnival in a field near his home. Intrigued by the colorful tents, lights, and food smells and the happy crowd, he decides on a whim to check it out.

Aim to Engage 2023

12 Butterflies and Dragonflies

A2E prompt 28: They say when you are in love you get butterflies. How about actual butterflies? You are stuck with a weird phenomenon every time you fall in love with someone, butterflies start surrounding you and your crush.