Part 1: I want some friends

The soft rays of sun peeked out from between the thick tree leaves above as (Y/n) sighed tiredly and walked around the woods. It was one of her pastimes. She wasn't the most social girl out there and often liked to stick to the rural parts of the world, not that she had seen much of it. (Y/n) enjoyed the odd things she would find in the uncharted land. Caves, strange trees, odd sculptures. It was all so... comforting to her.

     Today was a little different though. The mostly nature made sculptures weren't enough to keep her entertained and all her brothers and sisters were out doing chores. She was feeling exceptionally antsy and thought about going out to the town that seemed to be on the edge of the never-ending woods. With a subtle change in her steps, she went off towards the town.

     As she walked, the (H/c) haired girl thought about the town's history and the events that had occurred just a year ago. (Y/n) wondered how the people there could be so dumb or close-minded. The people had practically witnessed the end of the world, yet they still insisted on acting like it never happened. She, personally, wished she could learn more about what happened, but her family had stayed far away from the affair and no one seemed to want to talk about it.

     The poor girl was yanked out of her thoughts by the sound of a siren and the screeching of tires. While in thought, (Y/n) had gotten to the road and had almost walked in front of an ongoing police car.

     (Y/n) mentally groaned and was glad none of her family was there to stand witness to her stupidity. After tensing up from the near-collision she passed a nervous glance at the car. Inside held a short larger man with dark skin and a taller pale mad that looked like he was probably dropped on his head a few times. "are you okay, little miss?" The shorter man asked. his gray mustache left way for a bright smile.

     Quite happy for almost running over a kid. (Y/n) thought to herself before smiling and giving him a nod. "Yes, sir. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to walk out into the road." She rubbed her neck to empathize with her embarrassment.

     The old officer let out a laugh. "Just glad I saw you in time. you teens and your dark colors. Anyway, what is a young folk like you doing so far away from town, Should you be with your friends in the mall?" 

     (Y/n) mentally groaned. of course, she had to look suspicious for not being in town or looking at her phone. Not having a plan set up for the encounter didn't help either. She guessed vague honesty should work. The people here aren't that bright anyway. "No sir... I... I don't really have friends... and I actually live away from the town... I was just about to visit though." 

     "Hey, Sherrif Blubs! How about we give her a ride!" The pale tall man said from his seat in the car. Seeing how pleased the man was with his own idea, made the thought about how low the requirements for jobs here come to (Y/n). But before the uneasy girl could say anything, the other man replied for her; "Oh! That's a wonderful idea, Deputy Durland! Come on now, how many kids can say they've ridden in a police car?" 

     As she was ushered to the car, (Y/n) was tempted to tell him that it's probably way higher than he thought, but kept her mouth quiet. She tried to remind herself that she, at least, didn't have to walk all the way there and even forced a smile onto her face. "You're too kind. um... thank you?"

     "No problem little missy!" With that, it was a short ride that felt like an eternity due to the number of boring stories the two men decided to share.