02. late night

tw// drinking

~ 9:30pm ~

the sun has said goodbye for the day and the moon was shining bright. ricky and nini were in the same stop, continuing to do their work.

"hi! sorry to bother you but we close in 30 minutes." the barista came up to the them. 

"okay. thank you" nini told the girl. both started to gather their belongings before get up and out of the booth and heading outside. 

"thank you for staying. you didn't have to." nini thanked him.

"i had nothing else to do and i didn't want to be home." he smiled.

"so when do you want to meet next?"

"i actually got stuff done so lets do it again."

"okay, i got to head out but i'll see you tomorrow."

"bye nini"

"bye ricky" she left the boy, heading to her car and drove home, scared for what is to come.

she opened the door to see both of her moms waiting for her on the couch.

"hi mamas" she greeted them

"nini?! where have you been?" mama c spoke

"i told you i was at the cafe doing work. i had a lot to do."

"nini you have to understand that staying out this late doesn't do any good to you. you want columbia right?" nini nodded "they start getting your priorities straight, columbia doesn't like slackers"

mama c walked away before mama d came over to hug the stunned girl. "she just a had a hard day at work. she just wants the best out of you. don't stress to much." nini smiled.

"thank you mama"

"i love you" 

"love you too"

"get some rest" nini went upstairs to her bedroom setting down her books and backpack by her desk before laying down in her bed trying to process everything that just happened in the last 5 minutes. thoughts ran through her head longer than she anticipated and before she knew it, it was morning.

~~

after nini left the cafe, ricky headed home as well but wasn't exactly excited to be home. ricky's home life is very different than his life at school. ricky's parents, mike and lynne, got divorced when he first started started high school which prompted him to change his attitude. he went from being a innocent, kind boy to the bad boy persona everyone at school knows him for.

"mom, i'm home" ricky opened the door to his home.

he waiting for a response but never got one. he went to the living room to find lynne and her boyfriend, todd, laying on the couch will many bottle of beer surrounding them. 

ricky wasn't surprise to see this. it was just another weekday drinking night.he sighed and went upstair into his room for the night.

he really hated that his mom and her boyfriend drank every night. he has heard the stories online about what people do when they are drunk and not the good things. it keeps him up at night thinking about how one of them can come into his room and just start something bad. 

~~

next day

nini and ricky entered ap psychology the same was as they always do, exhausted. neither got sleep, it wasn't anything different.

"okay, get with your partners and continue to work on your project." mrs. smith called out. nini got up and headed over to ricky and setting her stuff next to ricky's

"morning ricky, how are you?" nini asked

"morning nini. i could be better, how about you?" he replied.

"same thing, rough night."

"oh i'm sorry. how come?"

"my mom is strict on school and stuff like that. got no sleep last night."

"nini, it's important to get sleep." he faced her. "i get that school is important but your health is more important"

"yeah i know, it's just hard to explain why i can't sleep. i think my body is use to not getting sleep from study nights" she explained.

"i feel that. i don't understand why i can't sleep. like i'm exhausted the entire day but can't manage to sleep when i'm in bed"

"yeah. anyways let's continue working on the project. i think today we should do what we did yesterday and just focus on verbal communication"

"yeah and then the rest of the week, we should try and find on how they connect with each other." ricky said. 

"okay" ricky and nini continued for the rest of the class to find types of verbal communication and what is the most common type as well as for non-verbal communication before heading on with the rest of their day.

~~

a/n:

sorry there isn't much for this chapter. first couple of chapter are going to be pretty boring but just you wait. it's gonna get good.