The Phone Call Part 2

Warm June air, beautiful sky blue, glowing sunshine of the am.

Bf: I want to call him back. That shit was whack. I wanted to hear him out.

Me In my head: Oh my God! You're going to do what? Why? But then again,... I get to hear his voice twice.. this was the love of my life, my first.

Part of me yearning to hear S's voice again. Short lived the first time, and long overdue. Years older, more manly, more mature.

Mmmm, let me hear it again baby please I've missed you so much.

S has always been bold. He boldly answered the phone with pride in his chest, man to man.
S: Yes, hello.

Bf: Listen man, I'm sorry.

Me, in shock and disbelief. I fumble with my phone to text someone about the Twilight episode that is my life.
S's voice plays through the speakers via aux cord.

S: I didn't mean any harm.

Bf: Listen, I'm sorry for my reaction and I know you loved her. She's a wonderful person. I know y'all were engaged but that's the past. There's a pandemic and stuff going on, so I can see you wanting to reach out to her and make sure she's okay.

S: Yeah, really. I meant no disrespect. Just wanted to say hello.

I'm beside myself, I don't know what to think.

Bf: She's terrified of you man, for some reason. I don't know.

Rolling my eyes in my head. Smh, why the fuck  would he say that? I'm terrified of him? For what? Because of what happened in our past? This situation is terrifying, that's about it.

I wished that I could say something. I wished that I could open my mouth and say anything, but I was stuck. Out of all the things to happen in 2020? What the fuck!?
What in the Universe?

The phone call ended with S saying God bless us both and for my Bf to watch himself around cops with all the Police Brutality. He said, "We don't need another Black Man dying."

While I get the context, the whole conversation was weird and I felt like I was having an outer body experience. The Twilight Zone. I was stuck in another dimension that day.

S was saying that he was happily married... but if that's the case why are you reaching out to your ex fiance? Doesn't seem happy to me, but what do I know?