a

"jaemin what the hell?" hyojin laughed out at the boy who was wearing a fluffy pink boa with some cat eye sunglasses and a top hat.

where did jaemin take her?
the mall.
cliché, but he felt as if it was the best spot since he knew her love for shopping and clothes.

"what? dont i look amazing?" jaemin said and hyojin laughed even more.

"stay still. lemme take a picture." she said through some pants as she tried catching her breath.

she took out her phone and snapped a photo of jaemin who posed immediately, making a bunch of kissy faces and shocked looks, making hyojin laugh even more.

"alright missy enough laughing. let's go to the next store." jaemin said and took off the accessories. he grabbed hyojin's hand and dragged her out, back into the surprisingly not so crowded halls of the mall.

they roamed around until hyojin gasped.

"what happened?" jaemin asked with a worried tone.

"plushies!!" hyojin exclaimed and ran towards the plush store, leaving jaemin behind with a dumbfounded expression.

"this girl." he chuckled and began following as her small figure disappeared into the store.

he finally found her, intensely staring at two small plushies, a panda and a lion.

"jaemin, which one should i get?" she asked him as she felt his presence nearby.

"none. get a ryan plushie." jaemin said and hyojin rolled her eyes.

"you and youre ryan plushies. i still have the three you gave to m-" hyojin stopped herself mid sentence as she recalled their relationship and jaemin laughed a bit.

"aw jinnie still has the stuff i gave her? how sweet." he cooed and hyojin just stared blankly at the two stuffed animals.

"shut it, na. now i ask again, panda or lion?" she said, clearly not wanting to reminisce and cry over the memories again.

"lion." he eventually said and she nodded, placing back the panda and making her way over to the register. as she was about pull out her card, jaemin stopped her and handed his card to the cashier, placing a ryan plush next to the lion.

"i'll pay for both thanks." jaemin said and hyojin was about to begin protesting until the cashier stopped her.

"how sweet of your boyfriend to buy that for you." the man cooed and hyojin was about to correct him but she was stopped by jaemin this time.

"anything for her. let's go jinnie." he said and wrapped and arm around her shoulder and the other grabbed the bag with the plushies.

he walked them out of the store and hyojin pushed his arm off her with a scoff.

"jaemin. you're not my boyfriend." she said and looked at him only to see a cheeky smile on his face.

"not yet i'm not." he said and looked at his watch.

"we should head back. class is gonna start soon." he said and she just nodded, choosing not to speak as a blush crept up her cheeks, realizing that he implied that he was not letting her go. it warmed her heart.

jaemin took a hold of her hand and began running through the halls of the mall back to his car and driving them back to her apartment to get their belongings.

the two walked to class together, jaemin continuously throwing glares at anyone who looked at the girl with a judging manner.

he was making sure not to mess up this time.