Chapter 1.2 - Do As I Say, Not As I Do

"Optimization level has surpassed 70%. All Masters are instructed to follow the gridlines."

It was supposed to be a standard operation. Where did it all go wrong?

"80%"

"Olga, what's with that sombre face?" A familiar voice called from behind me.. I quickly glanced over my shoulder. Oh, it's just Lev.

"You don't say..." I replied, far too preoccupied with the thought to properly answer him.

"Your father built Chaldea just for this occasion. Regardless of your opinion of him, you should respect his ambition for building this masterpiece for humanity and give a little bit more passion." Lev said, disappointed with my lack of reaction and my look all knew well.

Ambition, you say? "Say Lev. Why did he want to protect human history so much?"

"This again? I told you, he loved humanity more than humanity loved itself. Creating this facility is the culmination of his love for us."

"Tch." Love, huh? It's always the same answer. No matter how much I tried to probe in, all I got is vague answers and cover-ups. Just what is my father is hiding?

Silence between us continued as the low humming of CHALDEAS echoed around the room. The A-Team has already entered the Coffin and were now waiting for the de-materialization process to start. Just when everything seemed to be going well, Lev asked.

"Are we missing somebody here?"

Keep calm. I'm prepared for this. "Oh? The B-team leader? I granted her permission to go to the washroom. She'll be back soon."

He spoke, more unfavorable than anything, "Of all times? Has she no dignity to leave her orientation program for a little mishap?" It might be an illusion, but I could hear his teeth click in frustration. What was that about?

"Olga, I know you're a close companion to her, but she has an ugly reputation for being rebellious to the higher-ups. Control her if you don't want her to tarnish Chaldea's reputation." At least he isn't suspecting anything. Not like I wanted to distrust him, but he's still a close associate of my father. I shouldn't fully disclose information to him if I want everything to work out.

PING!

Suddenly, a notification rang up from my phone. Lev also noticed it. I have to make it quick.

"Who was it?" he asked.

"Just a while." I replied indefinitely. I quickly reached out to my pocket, and picked up my phone. Then, I backed up to the wall as to hide her content from anyone. I opened my phone and went past the home screen to Messages. There, a short message was sent to me. Now let's see what you got.

GET OUT OF THERE! EXPLOSIVES!

what?

"I have to applaud to you, Olga. Making a stand for yourself." A demonic voice rang tout behind me. My body froze in an unknown horror appeared from my back. "Unfortunately, for you, there's no escape."

BAAAAANNNGGGG!

In a split second, my vision was instantaneously replaced with one of fire and smoke.

And my vision went black.

I opened back my eyes from the flashback, and I see the vision remains the same. Smoke and fire, rampantly burning through the old city of Fuyuki, proliferating my eyes, nose and mouth with its cruel flame. Only this time, it is accompanied by two familiar faces.