dix

(Ishikawa Juno POV)

Soon enough, it was time for the first-years to face their first challenge: Training Camp. I also tagged along since I was one of the professors helping out behind the scenes.

"As for the guests who will be overseeing your learning, they're Totsuki alumni who have graciously agreed to join us, despite their busy schedules." Chapelle-sensei introduced as he beckoned his hand toward the many alumni walking on stage.

I spotted a certain salmon-haired man. It's been ages since I've last seen him. All sorts of emotions flooded in: happiness, sadness, regret, and guilt.

"You, five rows back the boy with the scar." He pointed to Souma and I got nervous. "No, actually the one next to you. You're fired." Shinomiya pointed out with a menacing gaze.

The innocent student was taken aback. "What?! Why?!"

"Your hair has a citrus scent which will mess up with the aroma of cooking." He responded nonchalantly. "Chefs like you will ruin my business."

The whole hall of students seemed shocked as they erupted in murmurs. I heaved a sigh, 'Yep, still a narcissist and even a jerk now.'

Eventually the commotion died down and the students were split off into groups. I went to my designated spot with Dojima and discussed some managerial things

"So after the day's work, the students will face one last task to serve 50 dinner sets." Dojima went on

"Yes, I called the nearby wrestling, weightlifting, and bodybuilding teams to come by at around 6."

"Perfect. That wraps up today's events." Dojima concluded.

I got up to leave until Dojima started speaking again, "Have you seen Shinomiya?"

I halted, "Yes, I have. He's changed."

"So you've noticed too."

I nodded. "Even back when SHINO's first started and he was keen on a strict following of his recette, he wasn't this harsh. Maybe he's trying to hide something."

"In my opinion, I feel like he's stagnating. He won the Pluspol Award, but now that he's reached the top, there is nothing beyond that."

I paused. I didn't know what to say. I wished I could help Shinomiya, but in my current state it would be impossible.

"Well, we'll see how this camp goes. Tomorrow, he's responsible for the group that Yukihira and Tadokoro are in." Dojima began, "You're looking after them, right?"

I nodded, "Yea, they're first-years in the dorm I'm helping out at. Well, if there's nothing else, I'll be heading out." I bowed and took my leave.

[The next day]

Today was rainy and appeared ominous, however, I liked the rain. It helped nature grow and gave me a sort of comfort.

Dojima-san called me over the phone and told me to come to the hotel annex after the day's events were done. Apparently Soma had challenged Shinomiya with a Shokugeki for Megumi's expulsion.

I walked down to the building's annex where Dojima-san told me the unofficial Shokugeki would take place. When I got down, I saw Shinomiya dropping a coin on a dish. No one seemed to notice my presence.

"It's a bit clumsy, but warm. It speaks to you doesn't it?" Dojima began.

"Tch, whatever. Well, do your best to survive each day. Dimwits have their own ways." Shinomiya stated as he turned around. Our gazes locked with each other and he paused.