douze

(Ishikawa Juno POV)

[Friday night]

I was currently heading to SHINO's Tokyo when I saw a brown-haired lady seemingly lost. "Um, excuse me ma'am," I approached her. "Do you need help?"

"Ah yes, can you lead me to SHINO's Tokyo? My son opened a new restaurant in Japan and invited me to dinner. I don't come to Tokyo often so everything is a bit new to me." she replied in an accent.

'Ohh, this must be his mom.' I thought. "Ah yes, I'm actually going there too! I'll take you there."

The two of us walked down the street and chatted a little.

"I'm assuming you're one of my son's friends since you're going there too?" she noted.

"Ah yes, he's my senpai from Totsuki Culinary School. I've learned a lot from him and I'm thankful"

"You're such a sweet girl. I'm glad he has a friend like you."

I let out a small chuckle. "You're too kind. And here it is!" We stopped at the entrance of SHINO's Tokyo.

"Welcome Madame and Miss. I didn't expect that you two would arrive together." Shinomiya's eyes lit up.

"Kojiro, it's been a while." his mom began.

"Junnnnnn!!" Hinako ran up to me.

"I missed you too." I replied with a smile.

I watched as Shinomiya and his mom conversed in a countryside dialect. 'After all these years and he's actually from the countryside himself! Such a meanie.'

"Your friend helped me get here when I was lost." Shinomiya's mom began. She nudged Shinomiya, "You should get a girlfriend like her."

"Well, she is my girlfriend." Shinomiya responded with a proud smile. "I was going to introduce you two tonight."

"Oh really?! Well my son, I absolutely approve. What's your name dear?"

"Ishikawa Juno, ma'am."

"No need to call me ma'am. Just call me mom."

I gave a huge smile. "Alright then, Mom." It was really nice. I haven't used the word 'Mom' in a while.

"Well, let's begin." Shinomiya announced and headed into the kitchen.

Dinner was amazing. The food was magnificent as usual and I was surrounded by great friends. Soon after, everything wrapped up and Shinomiya and I headed out to say goodbye to his mom.

"Kojiro, it was great." Shinomiya's mom waved from the taxi.

"Are you sure you can handle it by yourself?" he asked teasingly.

"Yes yes, I can." she responded with a laugh. "And Juno, I hope to see you soon as well."

"Have a nice night" I waved and the taxi drove off.

"Well, I guess I should go back too. Totsuki is 30 minutes away from here." I stated and looked for a passing taxi.

I felt Shinomiya's hand wrap around mine. "Why don't you stay with me tonight? My hotel is just 5 minutes walking distance and I have something I want to talk with you about."

"Oh ok then."

After wrapping up and seeing everyone out, Shinomiya wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Let's go."

He led me to his hotel penthouse room which was massive. I guess he was treated like a VIP guest or something. 'Wasn't he the one who said he had no funding...' I sweatdropped.