All I do is dream of you: Angel dust x soldier reader part 2

Angel Dust sneerd, taking one last puff of his cigar before dropping it carelessly to the sidewalk floor. He clenched his fists, crushing the still smoking bud under his long ankle boots, muttering a few choice insults and curses as the deafening sound of a clock rang aloud for all to hear.

The extermination was today.

And there was no way in Hell he was making back to the hotel on time before those rats with wings came down from thier highorses in Hevean to begin the annual cleansing.

He snorted. The fucking purge more like.

He looked around unempressed as various freakshow's and fuck ups ran in terror like a pack of terrified sheep, desperate to reach safety and survive another year.

Mindless,stupid, cowardly sheep. Just cattle for slaughter and not one brain cell to share inbetween them.

He felt his mood dramatically drop as he was roughly shoved out of the way on the sidewalk by one of the fleeing assholes. With quick thinking and reaction speed he managed to balance his body and somewhat gracefully put distance between himself and the rushing crowd, narrowly missing another  demon who would have otherwise pushed into the mud that he had just avoided.

He yelled out a quick fuck you to feline demon and in return was met with a middle finger, the offender never looking back nor even slowing thier pace.

Angel dust let out a low sigh in attempt to calm himself down enough that he wouldn't chase down the fucker who had almost made him fall into mud.

With a swift hand he snached another cigar from the pack he held. Igniting it quickly and taking a long inhale he let out a breath of relief. His head felt light as the nicotine invaded his senses.

It was his reset button. Well this and the drugs anyway

It always numed the pain and made him forget. Made him forget about you and his heartbreak. Even if it never lasted and the pain always came back just as worse and sometimes more so.

He leaned against the wall of a shop, tilting his head up to watch the sky. The moon like orb that stood out in the red hues of hells sky glowed brighter and brighter as each moment passed.

Hevean.

Where you were.

Were you belonged.

And where he could never be.

He bit his lip as his eyes became heavier. Pain swarmed his chest like bees in a hive. A low Shakey breath escaped him followed by a sharp exhale through his nose.

It had been 80 years.

80 years since he'd kissed you

80 years since he last held you

80 years since  he'd looked into those deep soothing eyes and felt so safe

It had been 80 years since he'd last been happy, truly happy.

he blinked away the faint tears and a sad smile came to his face. His focus returning to the moon like orb.

He could only hope that you were at peace. That you had found someone so much more deserving of someone like you. Someone who was just as perfect and selfless and loving and kind and amazing and brave and strong and-.

He paused, giving his mind a moment of rest. It tended to go of the track quickly when you were involved.

He hoped, even as mutch as it hurt to think about. That you had found someone who was a good as you were.

That where ever you were that you were as happy as you could be even if he wasn't appart of it.

Because he loved you.

More than anything else in his life and afterlife.

So much more than he could ever love himself and because of that he could let you go. He would let you go.

Gathering his composure he gave one last look at Hevean before turning on his heel and walking away in what he was vaguely sure was the direction of his home the "redemption hotel". 

He snorted.

Redemption, now that was a dream.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo what y'all think.