The Common Room.

Hermione stood patiently waiting for Malfoy and Professor McGonagall to arrive.

Malfoy had told her during potions to meet him outside a statue of a mermaid. Hermione had located the statue, and had now been waiting for fifteen minutes.

Hermione heard the sound of feet tapping along the hallway, finally. Draco's face then appeared from around the corner. "I'm sorry" Malfoy said rather sincerely. "Professor McGonagall can't make it, she has to deal with an issue from the Ministry" Hermione nodded at Draco's words. "The password is iuctim". At Draco's words the mermaid opened her eyes, and disappeared. In her place a large spiral staircase rose from the ground, and spiraled right up to the ceiling. Malfoy signalled Hermione to go first. She smiled at how courteous he was being.

As Hermione walked further up the stairs, a hole in the ceiling began to form. Hermione then climbed up through the hole, and into her new common room for the year.

Draco came into the room only a second later. The spiral staircase then appeared to rise out of the floor, and connect to a hole in the top of the common room ceiling. "That must lead to our rooms!" She thought out loud. Hermione could not believe her surroundings. The common room was beautiful. The main colour was purple. Several purple rugs were placed around the room, and the curtains were also purple. There was a large fireplace in the centre of the room, and two rather grand looking armchairs. Candles floated around all of the room, giving the room some light. "Hermione" Draco's voice sounded rather breathless. "Come here"

Malfoy was stood in front of a wooden door. He had his hand around the handle. "Do you like this common room?" Hermione nodded vigourously. "You're about to like it a whole lot more".