4

*Alert*

*Alert*

*Alert*

The cautious signals of the siren caught your attention as you hastily moved towards the central room. You were sweating from top to bottom after hearing the words that escaped Jimin's lips.

You were wondering what he actually meant when he said that the Lioness' death is near. Pulling out a Glock 42 gun from your waist band, you gripped it tightly before slightly opening the main door of the central room.

As the door creaked open slightly, you peeped in a little to see any trace of damage caused to the systems but to your surprise, the security systems were normally functioning, the laser beams around the major files were not broken.

You furrowed your brows in confusion as you opened the door a little more wider to look inside the room properly. Your mind came to a halt as you panicked slightly.

"If there are no signs of damage to the security system, the laser beams are finely guarding the vaults having files, how did the siren go off and why is my tracked showing the location to be the central room?", you questioned yourself.

You knew something wrong was there. Your tracker wasn't a magician to do some voodoo magic and show you security breach in the central room. Moreover, if anyone tried to reach the vaults having files in the central room, one has to turn off the laser beams.

If the laser beams won't be turned off, the automatic first line safety machine drops and hides the vault into a safe while the room will be filled with tear gas.

This was something you came up with. You wanted the vaults to be safe and to ensure its safety, tear gas combined with the effect of laser beams was sufficient to keep any enemy away.

Looking in front of yourself, you raised your gun, ready to shoot if needed. However, backstabbers always stab one in the back. The cowards tend to attack at the back instead of fighting from front.

Before you could interpret what was actually going on, an arm snaked around your neck, choking you with the person's muscle power. As you were unprepared, the gun suddenly fell from your hands, landing on the ground while you placed your hands around the arm of the person choking you.

You tried swatting it away, getting out of the choke lock but none of your physical strength was equivalent to the person's strength. You were getting short of oxygen. The last ounce of air was leaving your lungs and you could feel your end near.

"Put down the laser beams and I'll free you, if not, I'll kill you.", the person said.

You were shocked to know how the man was aware of the laser lights. He must've done some research to reach the central room of Dark Angels mansion and have sufficient information about the vault and laser beams.

However, for you, your syndicate mattered more than your life. "K-kill m-me.", you barely croaked out. You could bear getting killed but you had vowed to be loyal towards your gang and always work for it's betterment.

Had it not been for your vows and loyalty towards the mafia syndicate of Dark Angels, you wouldn't be called the Lioness. You would've killed Mr. Will long ago and might've switched off the laser beams near the vault to save your life but you didn't do so. Your Dark Angels was always first priority for you. You wouldn't let out it's secrets to your assassin.

"Quite brave and daring you are, aren't you?", the man said, well understanding your motives behind denying his request to switch off the laser beams. "Listen, it's a pretty easy deal. You switch off the beams, I'll let you go. You won't, I'll kill you. Re-consider your decision. Don't you want to live longer? Have you lost your purpose of living?", he tried to tempt you.