Others

Chapter 4

POV Charlotte Pudding

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of my twin sister Syrup. She had everything I wanted to be...she was strong. She was stronger than any of us, possibly except Brother Katakuri and maybe the other Sweet Commanders but she was strong. She was strong enough for mother to send her out on missions even the Commanders would think twice about, yet she dived in without a second thought and always returned home victorious.

She was smart, a true intellectual. She learned and remembered, she knew how to plan. A genius in both numbers and art. She outstripped all of us at the age of 5 and moved onto adult courses just so she would actually learn something, and even then she shined.

Finally, she was beautiful. Some might argue that my looks aren't too bad but that fucking eye always had to ruin it. While my twin sister was the one killing and slaughtering, I was always the monster of the two of us because of our looks. While I sat there and grew hair to cover my eye, Syrup was truly beautiful.

She was petite and lithe, and an incredibly cute face. Two large sparkly eyes that were often dull and tired...she slept more than what anyone would expect her to actually. She pulled her long pinkish white hair back into a ponytail above her head before it fell back down onto her mid-back. She often refused to wear the things Mama gave us (which were food themed) and instead went through her closet faster than Mama ate cake. Everyday she would wear something different before tossing it away into some deep corner of the room never to be seen again.

Mama, who favored Syrup over almost anyone, allowed this behavior. In fact, she encouraged it since as long as Syrup was happy, she was the perfect daughter. The perfect genius smart little sister of the Charlotte Family. When Syrup isn't with us, the daughters of Big Mom (us) often gather and talk about Syrup. While most of them are filled with envy and jealousy, we had to give it to her for the effort she put into to nurture that talent.

Nobody wanted to go get mama's chocolate. Nobody would want to be the spearhead in attacking another Emperor's territory...yet Syrup never complained and went for it. Never complaining...ok, maybe she did complain but that was because it often cut into her nap schedule, but nothing more. (She puts a great deal of importance in her nap schedule).

Despite this, to the people who she cared for, she was a sweet heart. She was so much like a cat that I would sometimes find myself just absently petting her while she slept. Of course, she was like a cat in other regards where she would just randomly knock things down for no reason then run away before I can ask her why she would do that.

Still was a lovable, adorable, little sadistic sister. I wouldn't trade her for anyone else.

LinLin: Mamamama...take your pick Syrup

In front of Syrup and I were two Devil Fruits. The cursed Fruits of the sea which gave you an ability the took away the ability to swim. Of course Mama would want Syrup to go first. Mama wanted Syrup to become stronger, even stronger than she already was.

LinLin: This one is the Memo-Memo No Mi, it will allow the user to manipulate memories while this one...

She pointed at an almost completely white Devil Fruit which had swirls only slightly darker. Almost no contrast, it could be mistaken for a snack here on Totta Land.

LinLin: The choco-choco no-mi. A devil fruit that allows one's body to be covered in chocolate.

In truth, it was depressing. I knew I would be getting the memo-memo no mi. She was the front-line fighter so she would get the choco-one obviously. But what did make me sad was that Mama so obviously showed her preference over me. Of course, I understood where it came from though.