Roses

This'll be kind of an... Alternate Universe I guess? Romania, or Vladimir in this one, works at a flower shop (I've always thought that was a cute situation) and Aleksander(Bulgaria) is a regular customer at the shop, though he only goes when Vladimir is working around the shop. I wonder why? Heh yeah that's the set up. Here we go already!  ~Nyan*

P.S. This will include narration that starts from no one's P.O.V., then moving on to switching between Aleksander' s P.O.V. and Vladimir's P.O.V. throughout the rest of the story.

P.P.S. OMG I didn't even know the national flower for Bulgaria was a rose, this is fabulous.

~•~

Vladimir walked out of the small flower shop with a smile and pots of daisies in hand. The sun was bright and shining on the Tuesday afternoon in California.

The Romanian boy had only moved to America about a month ago and already had a job at a rather small flower shop on the edge of town. The 21 year old, though he looked only 17, conveniently had his own apartment close to the shop.

The job payed what he thought was a pretty decent amount of money. His boss was a short, older lady; she was kind and light-hearted. His job in the shop was to sell the flowers, water them, and tend to the various kinds in the back. They were fairly simple tasks. There weren't a ton of customers, well not enough to make him feel overworked, so the pace was good.

He looked up at the sun with a smirk. He placed the daisies he had been holding outside in the back of the shop so they could get some sun. He walked back inside and up to the counter to see his usual customer, Aleksander. The boy was about 16 or 17 and came to the shop basically every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday after school, coincidently the days that he worked. He was Bulgarian but had moved to America two years ago. He always came to buy a small pot of pink roses.

-

Aleksander's P.O.V.

I walked into the store with a smile on my face. Why wouldn't I smile? I was getting to see the cutest guy in the world, though he doesn't seem to know it.

"Afternoon Aleksander, another pot of roses?" Vladimir said as he smiled warmly at me.

Heat rose to my cheeks as I shook my head yes.

"Alright then." Vladimir said a brief 'One second' as he walked to the back room of the shop to grab a pot of the requested flowers. He came back a minute or two later with a small pot of fuscia pink roses. He laid them on the counter and rung them up as 'Pink Roses- $4.50.' He clicked the check out button.

"There we go." He handed them to me with a smile. Aaahhh, so cute! I shook my head to get out of Lala land. I took the pot out of his hands and placed it at my side. My hand shuffled through my left pocket to grab a five dollar bill and lay it on the counter. He took the bill and gave me two quarters back.

"Thank you for shopping at Laura's Floral Arrangements. Have a nice day Aleksander." He gave me a small smile. Ah, why haven't I told him he's adorable?! Or at least asked him out yet?!

Cause maybe he's not gay is one reason... God, just ask him! What's the worst that could happen? Well, he could say no...

"U-uh Vladimir..." Vladimir turned his attention towards me.

"Yes Aleksander?"

"W-well, um, would you like to, um, have dinner with me, sometime..." Vladimir looked at me in bewilderment.

-

Vladimir's P.O.V.

Is that asking me out or... a friend thing? I look at his face closely. He's blushing bright red.

Wait, does he know I'm gay?! Am I too obvious? Do I walk different, talk different, is it an 'Of course he's gay' thing?! I brought my attention back to the man in front of me.

"W-well..." I stopped for a second. I took a second to assess his features. I couldn't say I had never viewed him as handsome, because he most definitely was. Black hair parted in the middle, bright emerald eyes, and defined cheek bones. He looked mature for a boy who's probably only in his teens. I cleared my slightly parched throat.

"That sounds like fun." I said with a small smile. Aleksander's eyes widened as if he wasn't expecting me to agree to his offer. His blush brightened.

"A-alright, I, um... could I have your number?" Aleksander asked slowly. I nod my head and shuffle my hand through the front pocket of my dark green apron to find my cellphone. I locate it and pull it out, laying it on the counter. I unlock the screen and hand it to him. "Put your number in as a new contact."

He nods his head, a bright red blush still evident on his cheeks and tips of his ears. He pulls out his own phone and tells me the same thing.

After a minute of staring at his cute red face (No, no stop it!), he lays my phone down on the counter. I blush brightly at the realization that I had been staring at him instead of typing in my number. I hurriedly add my name and number to his contacts and hand him his phone back, grabbing mine from the counter in the process.

"Well, how does this Friday night sound to you?" He cleared his throat.

"That sounds good to me. It's one day I'm off from work" I chuckle. He laughs lightly. I look at his youthful face. "Aleksander, how old are you exactly?" His face showed a bit of worry.

"17." My eyes widen just slightly. "17 and a half I mean!" He quickly corrects himself. I laugh. "What? Then how old are you Vladimir?" He counters and grins a bit.

"21." I answer. A grin replaces my straight face as his eyes widen. "Can you even drive?" I snicker.

"I have my permit." He answers.

"Oh so you could drive me to dinner? Since you have to have an adult in the car with you when you drive, and I am an adult." I chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess I could." He blushes lightly. I glance at my phone screen.

"Ah Aleksander, it's 4:35, you should probably get home. Your parents will be worried about you." He glances at his own phone, realization hitting him.

"Oh shoot, you're right. Thanks again for the roses, and I'll see you this Friday." His blush darkens as I watch him leave.

"Yeah see ya!" I call to him as I'm left with a wave. This Friday... I chuckle a bit. I'll be a bit of a lovesick teen these next 2 days won't I?

~*~

Yeah I forgot to tell you, this chapter has 2 Parts. But don't worry, I'll post the second part in a little bit. Patience children. Hope you enjoyed so far!      ~Nyan*