15 // Christmas Eve News

"It. Is. Christmas. Eve!" I jumped up and down on the bed to wake him up. "Get up Haz!" I giggled, flopping on the bed next to him.

"What time is it?" he groaned, opening his eyes.

"8:00. I let you sleep in. I've been up since 6:30." I smiled, cuddling into his side, pecking his cheek repeatedly.

"Why?! That's so early, love." he laughed lightly at my excitement, rubbing his eyes.

"I had to wrap your presents, silly boy." I sighed, rubbing my hand down his bare back.

"Shit, I still have to wrap yours! Get out!" he bolted up straight. "Shoo! Go, I don't want you to see yet." he got out of bed and pushed me out of the room, locking the door behind me.

I laughed to myself and decided to go make some special breakfast. I started to cook some waffles (with a recipe this time) and eggs.

About a half hour later, I finished breakfast and Harry was carrying down about 20 presents in one go.

"Harry! Let me help you!" I bolted to the stairs where he was struggling to walk down them. "Why do you have so many? These aren't all for me, are they?" I gasped as I picked up half the stack.

"They are for you, in fact." he smiled as we set them under the tree.

"Harry, I only bought you like, 10." I said quietly, embarrassed at how small the amount was.

"That's alright! I don't need a ton. I just wanted to spoil you for our first Christmas together!" he motioned to the presents under the tree, picking one up.

"This one you can open tonight." he winked, setting it on the couch.

"Okay. I have breakfast! Come here." I walked to the kitchen and got him a plate full of food.

"Thank you wifey." he smiled and sat next to me at the bar, eating our breakfast.

"You're a dork, you know that?" I laughed at his stupid name, shaking my head.

"Treat people with kindness, London." he scoffed, taking mine and his plate to the sink after we finished eating.

"So, can I open it?" I asked, setting the present on my lap. I shook the box, no sound.

"Mmm, later. Tonight." he decided, picking up another from under the tree. "Open this one though." he handed me the small box and took the bigger one.

"Another to open today? Don't you want to save them for Christmas morning?" I asked, looking up at him. He shook his head, waiting with expecting eyes to watch me open it.

I pulled the ribbon off and tore off the paper to see a white box. I looked up at Harry, confused, but he ushered me on. I pulled back the top and looked inside.

I gasped loudly and quickly stood up, throwing myself into his arms. I immediately started sobbing and heard a few sniffles from Harry too.

It was a necklace with my dads name on it. 'Charlie' it said on a silver chain.

My dad passed away 10 years ago from a motorcycle accident. I was only 11, so I didn't really get what happened, Holly was only 7, so she didn't really know dad as well as I did.

Mom went ballistic when she heard he had died on impact and threw every memory of him away. It's not that she didn't want to remember him, it's she didn't want to remember the feeling of him gone. She regrets throwing everything in the dumpster. She has a few shirts and soccer trophies his parents kept at his childhood home, but other than that, nothing.