010, IM SORRY

mar 16, 2020

I GOT TO SET WITH harry that morning a lot earlier than normal. i had an earlier finish time and kenny wanted me to get studio time for recording as well as filming my scenes.

both owen and harry seemed to be walking on eggshells around me. not knowing whether or not i heard their conversation, but at this point i don't know. charlie says he's in love with me and owen says the same thing. how am i supposed to pick between the two. i love charlie but i love my friendship with owen, choosing either one will destroy my relationship with the other. i cant risk that.

——
i finished in hair and makeup, harry was sitting text to kenny talking about the scene we were filming today.

i made my self present as i walked up to the two, "hey guys"
harry brings me into his side, "hey mal"
"you ready to film?" kenny asks
"yup, i'm excited" the scene that was being filmed was the perfect harmony dance between luke and megan. i was nervous to do it with charlie but we're professionals so just like the kiss it won't mean anything. right?

"ok PLACES" kenny speaks straight into the mic. i walk towards the place marker and see charlie doing the same across from me.
"ACTION", with that we start the dance singing with the recording. at the end when he twirls me out it supposed to be as if he disappeared and i had done the dance on my own.
"CUT, ok guys that was perfect. take 10 alright"

i walk over to charlie. if i'm going to pick one of them i need to make amends.
"hey charlie, do you mind if we talk"
"sure, what's up"
"let's go somewhere more private. please?"
"ok.." he seemed a little hesitant although i don't blame him. we get inside my trailer and sit across from each other on the couch

"i'm sorry"
"i'm sorry"
he laughs, "you first"
"i'm sorry char, really. i got all nervous from the kiss and didn't want our personal feelings to get involved and it was dumb and i'm sorry", he laughs again at my rant
"i'm sorry too. i was also nervous but i didn't want you to see that and then when you started ignoring me i got upset and thought maybe you didn't want to be friends after it happened" i had to cut him off, he was getting the wrong idea
"not at all, of course i wanted to be friends with you i just-"
"let me finish, please." i nod urging him to continue "i heard you and harry on the phone, and i thought that maybe you ignored me because you liked him or you two were dating and i- i don't know. but look i like you a lot as more than friends. i didn't know if you felt the same way and when harry came and you two acted all coupley i couldn't handle it. so i distanced myself and that was also dumb and i'm sorry"
"wait, you like me?"
he laughs, "that's the only thing you got out of that?"

"NO not at all it's just, i like you too as more than a friend. and i'm sorry about harry we've always acted like that with each other y'know. we've been friends for almost 7 years so it's just normal for us at this point" i didn't know if i should tell him about the kiss but i decided against it. it's none of his business anyway right. "sooo, i mean we both like each other what now?"

"well, i'd like to take you on a proper date before we do anything so, miss kennedy miller, will you go out with me"
"i'd love too sir charles gillespie" we start laughing at his horrible impression of a british accent and agree on a day and time.
"i'll pick you up at 7pm this friday", he says with a massive grin, "don't be late" he scolds
"we live in the same apartment i won't be late", i sigh knowing this moment is about to end, "we should get back to set see if anyone needs anything"
"yeah we should" he gives me one last hug before we both leave and make our way to set.

"where were you too" madi says coming up to me as charlie heads in the other direction
"just talking"
she smacks her hand over her mouth, "OMG does he know?"
"we might be going on a date this friday" at this point she's full on screaming so i have to pull her aside to get her to be quiet, "madi, shut up damn. it's not that big a deal"
"sorry sorry, but wait"
"what"
"what about owen", 'wait what'
"what about owen?" i'm beyond confused at this point
"oh uh never mind it's not that big a deal", does she know about owen liking me?
"oh okay.."
"yeah no don't worry about it" she laughs awkwardly at the end "well i need to get back to set, i'll see you later" she gives me a hug before walking in the direction we came from.

——
owen's pov

i saw kennedy and charlie walking in the direction of her trailer, i want to talk to her but he's talking to her first.

'god why'd we both have to like the same girl. oh i don't know owen maybe because she's kennedy? the girl who makes your heart race and has a smile that's brighter than the sun and her kindness is what makes everyone love her and her looks, damn how the hell can someone be that stunning. but that's the problem, charlie thinks the exact same way. i see it in his eyes when he sees her or when he talks about or with her. i just wish it was me she chose'

i see the door to her trailer slightly opened and i look through to see them sitting across from each other talking, apologizing. they speak at the same time but i hear him tell her to go first.

"i'm sorry char, really. i got all nervous from the kiss and didn't want our personal feelings to get involved and it was dumb and i'm sorry", i hear him laugh and watch her gain a faint smile, 'shit, i'm in too deep'
"i'm sorry too. i was also nervous but i didn't want you to see that and then when you started ignoring me i got upset and thought maybe you didn't want to be friends after it happened" she cuts him off, "not at all, of course i wanted to be friends with you i just-" now it's his turn to cut her off
"let me finish, please." she nods "i heard you and harry on the phone, and i thought that maybe you ignored me because you liked him or you two were dating and i- i don't know. but look i like you a lot as more than friends. i didn't know if you felt the same way and when harry came and you two acted all coupley i couldn't handle it. so i distanced myself and that was also dumb and i'm sorry", 'he just told her he likes her, no no no no, please say you don't like him' i know it's wrong of me to pray for this but god she's killing me
"wait, you like me?", hope
he laughs, "that's the only thing you got out of that?"

"NO not at all it's just, i like you too as more than a friend. and i'm sorry about harry we've always acted like that with each other y'know. we've been friends for almost 7 years so it's just normal for us at this point", god couldn't she just like harry, then at least i wouldn't feel bad for liking her, "sooo, i mean we both like each other what now?"

"well, i'd like to take you on a proper date before we do anything so, miss kennedy miller, will you go out with me", dammit i need to hit something right now. i leave before i get even more upset and just head back to the hair and makeup trailer.
i see jer sitting on his phone, he notices my upset attitude and offers to talk.

"yes please"