Chapter 5-Movie Night

"Well what do you want to do?" Ethan says and sit on the couch next to me.

   "Hmm I don't really know. We could play Mario Kart." I suggest.

   "Sure." He says and gets everything ready.

   "Let's make a deal." I say.

   "Ok what is the deal?"

   "Loser has to do something for dinner. Deal?" I say and hold out my hand.

   "Deal." He says and shakes my hand.

   I won the first round and he won the second round. We were neck and neck on the last lap on the final lap. Ethan started to get ahead until Spencer jumped up in his lap causing him to drop his controller and caused me to win.

   "Ha I win." i say and jump off the couch.

   "That's not fair Spencer made me drop my remote." He says and stands up.

   "Well a deal is a deal you lost so you have to do something for dinner."

   "Fine I already know what I'm doing so go and get ready." He says and walks into the kitchen.

   "Ok I'll be back in five minutes." I say and skip to the door.

   I walk into my apartment and go into my room. I look through my closet and pull out my favorite dress/outfit and go get dressed. Once I was dressed I do everything else I have to do and walk out the door. I lock the door and turn around to see Ethan wearing a suit.

   "You ready?" He asks.

   "Yea where are we going?" I ask.

   "That's a surprise. You look nice."

   "Thanks, you do too." I say as a blush forms on my cheeks.

   "Thanks." He says and his cheeks get a pink tint to them.

   We walk out to the car and he opens the door for me.

   "Thank you kind sir." I curtsey. 

   "Your welcome m'lady" He says, closing my door and going to his side. We drive for a bit until he pulls into a park.

   "A park?" I question.

   "Yes wait there." He says and gets out of the car. He walks over to my door, opening it, and holding out a hand.

   I take his hand and get out of the car. Once I am out of the car he closes the door and goes to the trunk. He opens it and pulls out a picnic basket. "Follow me." He says and holds out his arm. I grab his arm and we walk to a little clearing next to a cliff where you can see the sunset.

   He puts the basket down and pulls out a red and white checkered blanket. He lays it out and motions for me to sit. We sit down and he takes some sandwiches and some drinks.

   "Ham or turkey?" He asks.

   "Turkey please." I tell him. He hands me the sandwich and we start to eat in silence. After a few minutes the silence started to get a little awkward.

   "So why did you pick to do this for dinner?" I ask him.

   "Because this is my favorite spot that I haven't shown anyone before that makes you more special then you were before." He says.

   "I feel very special." I say as my cheeks heat up a little.

   "You are. Now let's watch the sunset." He says.

   We watch as the sunsets and I lay my head on his shoulder.

   "You know what?" I ask.

   "What?"

   "It feels like this would be a date."

   "A date? No this is just friends hanging out." He says.

   "So you would do this with Mark?" I ask.

   "Yea. But the thing is the night isn't over yet."

   "It's not?" I ask and look at him.

   "Nope once we get back you go to your apartment and get into comfy clothes we are going to have a sleepover." Ethan says standing up and holds out his hand for me to take it. We pack up the basket heading back to the car.

   Once we're back I walk up to my apartment to change into a pair of sweats and a blue shirt. I grab a small plushie and go over to Ethans. I knock on the door hearing a little bark and some shuffling. Once he opens the door I go in and sit on the couch

   "So what are we going to be doing?" I ask.

   "Well we are going to be building a pillow fort, eating snacks, playing games, and watching movies."

   "So we start with the pillow fort."

   "Go get all the pillows and blankets you have."

   "Yes sir." I say and run back to my apartment. I grab everything I can and go back to his  apartment throwing my stuff on a pile of more pillows and blankets.

   "Ok let's get building." Ethan says from behind me holding lights.

   It takes us about thirty minutes until we are satisfied with our creation. Once that was done Ethan ordered a pizza and we started to play games. Once the pizza came we got in the fort and started to play games and watch movies until we fell asleep.