Chapter 1

"Okay, but I'm just saying," Mino starts, shoving a forkful of pasta into his mouth. He swallows it all without barely chewing and both of his sisters grimace at him. "It is a very interesting dating tool."

Jennie rolls her eyes. "It's a hook-up app, Mino. How is that remotely interesting?"

"That's exactly it, though, darling sis." He grins. "You find someone hot, you set up a place to meet them and you have sex. Everyone's there for the same reason, so you don't have to deal with the whole trouble of actually getting to know someone and going on dates with them." He shrugs, leaning back on his seat as he takes a sip of his drink. "It's easy relief."

From her seat at the head of the table, Irene looks mortified.

"Oh, God," she says, and Jennie has to bite her lip as she pretends to shiver with the thought. "That is positively horrendous and the image of my little brother finding casual sex with strangers through a phone app is not what I was hoping to get from this dinner."

Jennie raises her glass, "I'm with you on that." She then turns to her brother. "I am not signing up for Grindr. You can stop trying now."

"Well," Mino smirks. "Grindr is a gay app, so I don't think it would do you much good, anyway." He leans forward on his seat, and the way his lips pull a little more to the left is enough for Jennie to know she's not gonna like what's about to come out of his mouth. "You can always try Tinder, though. Plenty of ladies there for you."

"I'm begging of you, Min-ho, please stop." Irene says, the tips of her fingers pressed against her nose. "I will have nightmares from that."

"You're the one who said she needed to get laid."

She presses her lips together, throwing him a glare. "I most certainly did not use those words."

Mino doesn't seem fazed. Instead, he just picks up his fork and goes back to his food.

"You would have used those words if you weren't so busy talking like those uppity bitches you work with."

"Min-ho-"

Jennie watches as they start to bicker back and forth and lets out a heavy sigh at the idea that this is what her night has descended into yet again. It's definitely not the first time her siblings have tried to find ways for her to get a girlfriend - Irene has a special fondness for calling herself Jennie's Best Wingwoman - but it definitely takes the cake as the most absurd idea she's ever heard.

As if she needs an app to help her get laid.

"Okay, you two-" she calls out, finally interrupting the other table occupants. "You need to stop. First, you," she turns to Irene. "Stop telling me I need to find someone to date. Isn't that a bit hypocritical coming from the person who's currently single? And you," she rolls her eyes, turning to Mino. "I'm glad this thing works for you, but I'm not doing it. So just let it go. And please get yourself tested as soon as possible."

Mino glares at her. "That was rude and unnecessary seeing as I was only trying to help."

"Yeah, well, whatever."

They fall silent for a moment, focusing only on their food and Jennie is momentarily glad that maybe they're finally letting this go, even if not willingly.

That is, until Irene finishes her plate and takes her glass of wine in her hand.

"You do need to get laid, though," she says, right before she takes a sip.

From his seat, Mino lets out a snort that quickly turns into a laugh and Jennie can't quite believe her eyes when he lifts his hand for a high five and Irene - ever-so-stoic Joohyun - actually gives it to him, a self-satisfied smile on her face as she pulls her hand back to finish her wine.