Chapter 3

Jennie (11:00 P.M.):

I'm watching real you on TV.

Unknown Number (11:01 P.M.):

You do know that I am the real me?

Jennie looks down at her phone, no longer surprised by the quick responses. Her finger hovers over the Edit Contact button and before she can talk herself out of it - she can't just leave this girl in her contacts unlabelled, that could cause her confusion - she taps the screen. She types in Tinder in the field for First Name and a little spell check box pops up.

Jennie snorts at the fact that autocorrect apparently thinks she means Tinkerbell. Though she can't deny that Tinder Jisoo has the same tendency to demand attention as the little fictional fairy. She turns it over in her head a few times, then thinks fuck it, before typing out the stupid pun and saving the changes she'd made to Tinder Jisoo's contact information.

Jennie (11:09 P.M.):

Sure.

Tinderbell (11:10 P.M.):

If it would convince you, I'm willing to send you a picture of me.

Jennie (11:11 P.M.):

There are tons of pictures of Jisoo Kim out there. You think I was born yesterday?

Tinderbell (11:13 P.M.):

I could call you!

Jennie (11:13 P.M.):

Please, I've seen that video of that girl who can imitate the singing voices of a bunch of people. I know the ears can be tricked.

Tinderbell (11:14 P.M.):

Video chat! Or I could tweet something. I am seriously not catfishing you.

Jennie (11:15 P.M.):

Can you just let it go?

Tinderbell (10:15 P.M.):

You are INFURIATING.

Jennie (11:17 P.M.):

I'm not the one pretending to be someone famous!

Tinderbell (11:19 P.M.):

Whatever,

Tinderbell (11:22 P.M.):

What part of the show are you on?

Jennie (11:24 P.M.):

The first interview's almost over.

Tinderbell (11:25 P.M.):

I LOVED doing that interview

And the thing is, if Jennie was the kind of person who puts stock and value into sentiment and symbolism, she'd have found significance in the fact that rather than falling asleep to Late Night with Jisoo Kim, she drifts off to the sound of her phone vibrating on her nightstand thanks to Tinder Jisoo instead.

Of course, she's not that kind of person.

She is, apparently, the kind of person who likes being catfished, though, because texting Tinder Jisoo actually becomes a thing.

With time, Jennie finds herself sharing little details of her day, and Tinder Jisoo does the same, even when her little tidbits of L.A. life are met with sarcasm and downright rudeness on Jennie's part.

Before she realizes what's happening, Jennie is waking up to texts about what Tinder Jisoo had for breakfast before she went to the studio, or how the traffic was just unbelievable when she went out to lunch and that she was swearing off ever leaving her house in rush hour for the rest of the time she lived in Los Angeles.