Chapter 6

One uncharacteristically sunny afternoon, just a few days before Christmas, Jennie finds herself at Stanley Park, Jisoo's fingers laced with hers and Dalgom zigzag-ing between their legs, stretching his dog leash as far as it will go.

In the back of her mind, she's convinced she's daydreaming again.

"I'm just saying," Jennie sighs, kicking a small stone in their path and glancing at Jisoo. "They're all up in my business and it's annoying."

Jisoo laughs at this, shaking her head as she tugs Dalgom back a bit. "They're your siblings, Jen. They're probably just worried."

"They're not worried." Jennie rolls her eyes. "They know I'm see - they know I met someone and now they're prying, because they're annoying assholes like that."

Jisoo finds a patch of grass she deems nice and pulls Dalgom back so that she can free him from his leash. She watches as he starts to run in circles for a moment, just before she sits down against a tree and pulls Jennie with her, resting her head on Jennie's shoulder and wrapping her arms around her waist.

She lets out a hum of satisfaction once they're settled and starts playing with Jennie's fingers.

After a moment, she says, "What's so bad about you telling them?"

Jennie wants to twist around so she can face Jisoo because this seems like the type of conversation that they should have while holding some sort of eye-contact, but she's too comfortable in her arms, so she settles for bringing one of Jisoo's hands to her lips just before she opens her mouth again.

"Nothing is bad," she says, and pauses for a moment. "I just didn't know if you'd want me to do that or not."

She feels a shiver run down her spine as the tip of Jisoo's fingers push her hair back, just before her lips touch the skin of Jennie's neck.

Then, she says, "I introduced you to my dad the day I got here, Jen."

She's got a point. But then again, "You said I was your friend. Irene and Mino - it's - they know I've met someone."

Jisoo is quiet for a moment, and Jennie is about to turn around and apologize for blowing this thing up when she feels Jisoo pressing another kiss to her neck.

"I can introduce you to him as my girlfriend, if you'd like." She whispers, the combination of her words and her warm breath against Jennie's skin making it hard for Jennie to focus.

When the words click in her brain, though, she finds herself scrambling to meet Jisoo's gaze.

"Did you just-"

Jisoo seems amused. "What, baby?"

"Girlfriend?"

"Well," Jisoo shrugs. "We've made out a lot these past few weeks..."

"Jisoo." Jennie huffs. "I'm serious."

Jisoo brings their lips together in a kiss that's long enough to leave Jennie dizzy, but short enough to make her crave more.

"I'm serious too." Then, she smirks. "At some point, you're gonna have to start believing what I tell you.

Jennie gives her yet another eye-roll, but she wastes no time in kissing Jisoo, this time long enough to keep her satisfied.

(For the next five minutes, at least.)

"Do you think maybe - " She bites her lips and Jisoo squeezes her hips, urging her to go on. "My siblings and I have weekly dinners together, as you know, and Christmas is kind of a big thing for us." She pauses. "Uh, I guess my point is - well, would you like to join us? And maybe they can get to know you and stop annoy-"