Chapter 6

Warnings: Language maybe?

When you came back home you were absolutely devastated, you couldn't believe that you failed your mission, but decided to brush it off. Switching on the lights you were startled by a familiar figure sitting on one of the stools near the kitchen island. 

"Jeez! Q you scared me!" You jumped as your hand went over you rapidly beating heart. 

"What the hell happened?" 

"He got away." You sighed, taking out the painful heels off your feet.

"I know! Why did you let that happen?" 

"Oh, I don't know, maybe I was trying not to get shot?" You yelled at him in frustration. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled." You apologize as you ran your fingers through the hair. 

"Its okay, um, well we found the identity of the shooter who was there." He informed sliding the black file towards you. 

"Who is it?"

"Harrison Osterfield, the leaders best friend." 

"Wait, but why did he try to take him down?" 

Q simply shrugged, even in this time of stress your mind went back to the brunet who stole your heart. "Hey, Q? I need a favor." He nodded. "I need your help to go off grid for a few hours."

"Why?"

"Well, I got a date and I don't want M to know, especially after tonight." 

"I could get something done." he smirked. 

As he was about to leave you remembered something, "Q, how did you get in?" 

His eyes widened and he slammed the door behind him, "Q!!" You called out sternly after him. 

--

"Where are you going?" Tom asked Harry, who was heading out the door. 

"I was going to meet mum and dad." He hesitated. 

Ever since Tom had left his parents to join the mob, he wasn't on talking terms with them. He sighed, "Okay, but be back soon."

And ever since the night of the gala Harrison has been acting a bit shady towards his best friend, all he wants is to protect him. Though what they were doing was illegal, he still didn't want to lose his best friend. 

--

It was now Monday, and you were beyond ecstatic for your date with Tom, you two had decided on grabbing some lunch and then a walk in the park. 

As you were putting the finishing touches on your makeup, the door bell rang signalling that Tom was here. Opening the door revealed Tom in a white buttoned up shirt, making him look more buff. He had a bouquet of tulips which you gladly accepted, making way for him to come in as you placed them in a vase; grabbing your purse, you head out the door.  

You and Tom were walking in the park and so far the date was extremely well, this feeling that you've had all day was something very new for you and you couldn't wait for what more was held for the two. While walking your hands brushed against each other's quite a few times until you finally gathered the courage and slipped your hand into his and intertwining it. You talked about your childhood and families, he told you how his parents disowned him because he wanted to start his company. Of course he wouldn't tell her his real job. You too steered away from telling your real job.  

For once in your life you felt content any normal person would, when suddenly your phone rang, M. You wished so bad that you could ignore it but you just couldn't, you mentally cursed yourself for making your job a priority. You still kept looking at your phone when Tom snatched you out of your thoughts. "Is something wrong?" 

"Oh no, no it's just my..." You trailed off thinking for an excuse, "Mom." You blurted out. You abruptly picked up the call considering how long it had been ringing. 

"007, we need you at HQ ASAP!" You just sighed in response before cutting the call, you were having such a great time with Tom, and didn't want to leave him. 

"I'm sorry, I really have to go." You apologized. 

"Is everything okay?" 

"Oh, yeah everything is fine." 

"Do you want me to drop you off somewhere?" He asked, but you politely decline. I'm mean it would be easier to turn him in now, only of you knew who he was. 

"So, I'll call you?" You asked hoping he would agree. 

"Yeah, sure!" 

--

You rushed into M's  office and witnessed three worried head whip at your arrival. 

"What took you so long 007? We've been waiting here for quite some time."

"Sorry, I was busy." You apologized as you took a seat. 

"Great news 007! We've finally got a picture of the leader of The London Dogs." Q exclaimed as he handed over the black file to you. Opening the file, revealed to you, your worst nightmare. 

"His name is Tom Holland and he along with his brothers, Harry and Sam Holland, run the business." Q added. Your heart dropped, how could it be possible? You started questioning every single moment with him, he seemed so sweet. 

"Excuse me 007, are we boring you?" M said sternly. 

"No, not at all." 

"Good because we need to come up with a new plan." M instructed.