Four Days

They wanted to stay like that for longer, just a few more hours of lounging around talking, except it wasn't realistic. Daichi had work the next day so no matter how much he wanted Suga to stay longer and no matter how much his heart was screaming to let him sleep another night, he knew he had to take him home. They drew it out as long as they could, making sure they had "one last tea", that they finished their story and any other excuse under the sun that they could find. However, as the later hours of the evening approached and the sky grew dark, the excuses ran out and they made their way back up the stairs.

Suga said he was fine to put back on the clothes he'd been wearing the night before but Daichi insisted he at least borrowed a fresh jumper. He agreed reluctantly, concerned about being a burden but when the soft, blue jumper fell over his body, he no longer cared. The smell of Daichi filled his nostrils, fresh and woody, with a hint of mint as the long sleeves fell past his fingertips. Daichi reached a hand out to roll the sleeves up to his wrists but Suga pulled away, stating that he liked it.

There was no way Daichi was going to argue with it. Stood in his room, at gone ten on a Saturday, looking at the most adorable man he'd ever seen, wearing his jumper and standing in front of the bed that they'd messed up made Daichi wonder what good deed he'd done in his past life to deserve it. He stared at Suga for a while, perhaps too long, fighting to find an excuse that would allow them five more minutes.

Neither of them said it, that they wanted to stay together longer, determined to not rush anything or make the other think that they were desperate. Had either of them said something that even hinted that they wanted more time, they would have got it but instead they smiled at one another, before heading downstairs with Suga's belongings in their arms.

It was really quiet as they put their shoes on, locked up and walked towards Daichi's car; not awkward quiet but there was an apparent tension. At one point, it felt as though it might last the entire drive to Suga's home when a small whisper from the man himself cut through the thick atmosphere.

"Thank you, Daichi."

Daichi took his eyes away from the road to glance at the man next to him and smile.

"What are you thanking me for? If anything, I should be thanking you."

"Well you put up with me last night and you looked after me today."

"I wouldn't call last night putting up with you, it was much more fun than that. As for today, of course I would. You're my friend and we went out last night, you were gonna need endless cups of tea."

"Yeah but what I really want to thank you for is forgiving me." Suga muttered, looking down at his hands which were interlaced with each other in his lap.

Daichi hummed, confused and tilted his head as he looked across at Suga again.

"I ran away and basically hid from you for seven years. Then after two days I'm throwing myself at you. I'm sure that as confusing as it was for me, it was ten times worse for you. Yet you forgave me, hell you're taking me on a date. So, yeah, thank you."

Daichi chuckles from the driver's seat, reaching his left hand out to squeeze Suga's. Suga looked at him with confusion before his face turned into a glare.

"You're laughing at me. You're actually laughing at me."

"Because it's funny that you'd think I'd ever push you away." Daichi laughed. "Suga, you are the kindest person I've ever met, deep down I knew that you had your reasons. Sure, it was a little confusing at times and it hurt for a while but what's important is that you're here now. As long as you want to stay by my side, I'm going to take you on dates so think nothing of it."