Wine

Kaneko offered to finish up at the school and allowed Suga to leave earlier so he could get ready for his date. He climbed into his car and began the commute home, grateful that it would eat into the time he had to wait but still desperate for time to move faster. Suga constantly glanced at the clock, overly-conscious of the time that wasn't passing. Now that the date had moved over to Daichi's house, he was even more excited but filled with a new level of anxieties. A restaurant would have been public and less intimate, which meant that Suga wouldn't have had to worry about dumb things like how he smelt. He began stressing about other things as well like what he would wear. At first he was going to wear a nice shirt and trousers but it then felt too formal and like it would make him uncomfortable. He wanted to make sure that he looked nice but that he'd also be comfortable in case things moved away from the table.

Once Suga was in, he headed straight for the shower to obsessively clean and then re-clean himself after already spending five minutes deciding wish body wash he wanted to use. Eventually he settled on vanilla, hoping it would pair well with his floral shampoo. When he was sure that there was no way that he could get any cleaner, he left the shower and took note of the time on his phone. He still had forty minutes. He groaned internally and made his way over to his bedroom.

Suga towel-dried his hair gently and wrapped himself in his robe, before standing in front of his open closet. He ran his eyes across the rails trying to conclude what would be perfect to wear. He contemplated jeans but they felt too casual and trousers felt too formal. Then, he thought maybe he could dress the jeans up or dress the trousers down but he couldn't quite figure out how to do it. Suga was about to call Daichi in tears and say the date was off, when his hands brushed against something at the back.

He'd never worn it and honestly didn't even want to buy it but Asahi insisted, saying that he pulled it off. Despite parting with an absurd amount of money, it still remained at the back of his closet with the tags attached. It was a jumpsuit, made of a soft black material with drawstrings on the waist. It sat tight against his chest and waist but the legs were wide and flared slightly, stopping at the top of his shins.

Suga spun in the jumpsuit, admiring his reflection in the mirror as he did so. It was a little outside the comfort zone of what he usually wore but it was definitely comfortable and the way it accented his waist and bum was only a bonus. He felt that it was dressy enough but he could totally go grocery shopping in it so it wasn't too much. He rifled through the bottom of his closet, pulling out a pair of white shoes he'd barely ever worn and a light grey shacket to throw on in case he got cold.

He was about to leave, deciding he would just take a slow drive over to Daichi's when he suddenly remembered about the jumper. He'd washed it after borrowing it but he couldn't actually remember where'd he put it. Logically, it should have been in his laundry room but when he checked, it wasn't there. He searched through the baskets and cupboards in there, completely confused as to where it could be. When he began to panic, he took a leap of faith and began rifling through his own things.

He eventually found it, tucked between some pyjama pants and a hoodie of his own. Suga smiled, pulling the jumper into his chest. He must have put it away out of habit. It was a small, simple mistake but the thought of one day putting Daichi's clothes away with his because they lived together and that's where they went warmed Suga's heart.

Suga spent so much time day-dreaming that he ended up leaving late, sprinting to his car and driving like a mad man through traffic.

Meanwhile, Daichi had begun to worry about where he'd got to. He didn't want dinner to be ready for five as that seemed a little early, instead choosing to prep the ingredients and start the cooking once Suga arrived. Once it was quarter past, Daichi began going crazy. He was sure he'd been stood up or that something awful had happened and he was reaching for his phone to make the call when there was a light tapping at his door. He waited a second, trying to convince himself and the man on the other side that he hadn't been sat by it for the last half an hour, before pulling the door open and being met by an angel.