The tournament

"Its the month of December, im currently waiting for Cedric to Ask me to be his Yule Ball date." I write in my journal.

"Y/n!!" I hear a distant shout, I turn around and see a girl with large brown hair walking towards me.
"Hermione" I smile, "Hey, what are you doing?" she asks sitting down by the large tree with me.

"Oh nothing, what are you doing" I put my book into my carrier.

"Coming to drag you to the library, I need a study buddy" she says standing up pulling my arm. Hermione is a great study partner she is always on task and helps me with whatever im confused on.

We make it to the library, as we make it in the doorway "Hello, y/n." Draco steps in front of me stopping me. "Heard you needed a Yule Ball date." He smirks mischievously

"I'll let my boyfriend ask me, thank you." I say confidently pushing past him, he grunts loudly and grabs my hand turning me around "My offer stands" he smiles letting go instinctively putting his hands in his pockets before walking away.

"He is so foul." Hermione scoffs holding a book. "Yeah.." I say continuing to stare at where he stood.

"Are you alright y/n??" Hermione asks putting her hand on my shoulder. "Oh.. yes" I smile snapping out of my daze.

I stalk over to the table that hermione has books and papers sprawled over in a corner. I'm sitting back deep in thought of the book when I feel soft warm hands on my shoulders. I turn around to see Cedric.

"Hello beautiful." He smiles kissing my forehead, "well hello handsome" I smile weakly he makes his way to a seat next to me.

"I had an important question for you." He turns in his seat so he is facing me. I hope this is what I think it is.. He grabs the book I was reading to hold my hands and look at me in the eyes.

"Y/n will you be my Yule Ball date?" he smiles

"Oh Cedric! I was starting to think you would never ask!" I smile grabbing his face embracing him in a kiss. Hermione claps softly and I turn to look at her laughing.

"Hermione haven't you got a date?" Cedric questions.

"Oh.. yes." she smiles lightly biting her lip to hide her small frown.

"He didn't ask you did he?" I ask knowing Ron messed up.

"Its okay. I'm going with Viktor."
She shrugs looking back at her book with a blank expression.

I lean over and whisper "He's missing out you're going to look great"

I say smiling as she looks up from her book trying not to smile with her blush peaking we share a laugh and Cedric kisses my hands.

"I should go now. I'll see you tonight beautiful." He smiles walking away.

"Bloody hell! We need to get ready!"
I stand up grabbing our papers and books.

Hermione and I rush down the corridor to our dorm. As I am a gryffindor we share a dorm.

"Y/n you have your dress right?" Hermione asks opening her closet to reveal her beautiful multi pink shaded dress.