Cedric isnt dead..

I couldn't seem to focus on his words all I could see is the flashbacks.

"my names cedric, cedric diggory." young cedric says.

it seems to play over and over in my mind long enough for him to say

"hello?" Edwards asks.

"i'm sorry.. im y/n y/l/n." I stutter.

"nice to meet you, I do apologize for storming off yesterday, I remembered I had to do something.." he spaces off at the table breaking eye contact.

"its fine dont worry about it" I wave politely.

"so you just moved here right?" He asks.

"yeah.. you did too didn't you?" I reply remembering what Jessica had told me hours prior.

"yeah, I was off at a boarding school, but now im back." He answers resuming eye contact with a light smile.

after Edward walks along side of me continuously asking questions.

"did your mom send you off or..?" he asks waiting for a response.

"no! it wasnt like that, I chose to come here." I reply shortly.

"why?" he says stopping and staring at me.

"I just wanted to spend some time with my dad." I answer pressing my back against the lockers.

"he's the chief of police, right? your dad." he continues.

"um yeah actually, he is." I respond looking down.

After our conversation I walk outside to get to my car. Me and Edward make heavy eye contact until I hear a loud screech, its a car heading straight in my direction.

"immobulus!" I whispered loudly.

after that brief charm suddenly Edward is right here holding me in the moment I lost sight of everything from fear.

"are you alright?" He asks intently.

"how did you-" I begin to ask when Tyler quickly yells.

"y/n! I am so sorry!" he says worried.

"I couldn't stop.." he continued

Edward stood up and walked away as if not wanting to draw any attention to himself. Soon people began to crowd around me throwing questions here and there.

I couldn't remember anything except I got rushed to the hospital.

"How did this happen?" my dad demands.

"chief i'm so sorry, I lost control and-" Tyler pleads

"i'll deal with you later." my dad tells him in an assertive voice.

"Dad.. it wasn't his fault." I reply.

"I should take his license away." he turns around giving Tyler a dirty look.

"dad!" I raise my voice to get his attention.

"at least you were able to stop it, no one saw you right?" he sits next to me lowering his voice.

"no, I dont think so." I answer forgetting that I pulled out my wand in front of a school of muggles.

"heard the chief's daughter was in." a pale man with platinum hair and a doctor's uniform says smiling in our direction.

"you're Mr. Cullen, Edward's dad right?" I ask.

"call me Carlisle." he replies.

"well.. is she alright?" my dad asks worried.

"just some minor injuries, nothing to worry about." he answers reassuringly.

He leaves the room and so do I. I follow him to find him talking to Edward and a pale blonde girl with a leather jacket.

"You almost exposed yourself cedri-"
Carlisle whispers before Edward cuts him off.

"Carlisle." He says boldly before looking over at me.

soon their all looking at me before I speak.

"um edward.. can I talk to you?" I ask sheepishly.

he walks over to me and the blonde girl walks away with Carlisle.

"How did you do that?" I say biting my bottom lip and looking up at him as he leans against the wall in front of me.

"do what?" he asks dumbfound.

"you got to me.. really, really fast." I answer crossing my arms and looking at him seriously.

"what are you talking about? I was parked right behind you." he laughs condescendingly.

"no you weren't.." I answer.

"yes I was.. and anyway I should be the one that asks you how you stopped the van." he glares at me as if he knows my secret.

"what." I stare at him trying to make it sound as if I was confused. I know exactly what he was talking about.

"i'm not stupid." he answers staring into my soul intently.

"tyler stopped the van." I reply thinking of a million excuses.

"how about this. you don't ask about me and I wont ask about you." He demands.

"fine." I give in.

"great. see you around." he says before walking away.

It sounded almost mockingly knowing I wont find out a thing about him. My dad met me in the hallway and we drove home in silence while soft music was playing. I don't remember when but I fell asleep. I saw Cedric, all of the memories of him came back. The one of him dying kept playing over and over.

"Cedric no!" I mumble.

"i'm still here." I hear Cedric answer.

"Edward?" I ask waking up.

I turn on the light and look back. he's not there.

HOGWARTS POV:

"im worried about y/n." ron tells Hermione and Harry.

"why? did something happen to her?!" Hermione asks sitting up worriedly.

"not that I know of.. I just mean the Cedric thing." ron answers shrugging.

"what about it" harry asks.

"well I know she's obviously not over him, but this whole "him being alive" thing its just.. I don't know its putting me off." Ron shakes him head looking at the fire.

"she just misses him, so shes clinging on the whatever hope she can get." Hermione frowns.

"guys I think theres something I should tell you.." Harry sighs.

"What is it, Harry?" Hermione replies looking up at him.

"Cedric.. he isn't dead, but he's not alive either." Harry tugs at his sleeves biting his lip nervously.